Press Release: 30 Simple Projects to Quickly De-Clutter the Kitchen and Get Ready for Summer Fun
LIGHTNING RELEASES (4/16/2014) – “30 Days of Organizing,” a free e-book from YouCopia, presents 30 easy projects for organizing the hub and heart of most homes—the kitchen—just in time for summer. De-cluttered kitchens feel more spacious and functional, and ultimately, help you save time and money, while reducing the stress of everyday living.
- Kitchen Command Zones (Days 1-17): landing strip, surfaces, upper cabinets, lower cabinets, bakeware, entertaining essentials, drawers, pantry, beverage station, baking ingredients, herbs and spices, fridge front and inside, freezer, kitchen linens, and crafts
- Kitchen Clutter Traps (Days 18-23): pet stuff, junk drawer, food storage containers, medications, under sink, florist vases, and shopping bags
- Kitchen Papers & Related (Day 24-30): mail, take-out menus, coupons, manuals & warranties, media (newspapers, magazines, catalogs), recipes, and cookbooks.
”While you may wish to tackle these 30 projects in a month, they don’t necessarily need to be done in consecutive days,” Fleischman says, “If you can only spend one week a day or month, that’s okay too. Just make a plan and stick to it, and remember our favorite organizing rhyme: ‘A Job Begun is a Job Half Done!’”
Each project in “30 Days of Organizing” features step-by-step instructions based on the acronym SPOTS, developed by Fleischman to help her clients manage the organizing process:
- Sort. Begin by sorting like items into piles.
- Purge. The decision-making step: keep, toss or donate. And since you already sorted, this should be relative easy.
- Contain. Corral remaining like items together in appropriate size and style containers, or boxes, bins, plastic bags, or file folders, etc.
- Tag. Fleischman’s word for label, which she says saves time and effort in the long run.
- Store. Deciding where to keep items, or in professional organizer jargon—establishing a designated home where an item will live. This is an old but always relevant adage: a place for everything and everything in its place.
“Follow along for 30 days!” says Lauren Greenwood, VP of sales & marketing for YouCopia. “Completing these mini-projects will help organize your home and simplify your life, so you can enjoy the people and things that matter.”
The “30 Days of Organizing” e-book can be downloaded for free .
# # #
YouCopia creates innovative home organization products to help you simplify and enjoy life. YouCopia products are available at leading retailers including Bed Bath & Beyond, The Container Store and Amazon.com. Be sure to check out the YouCopia Blog and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & YouTube.
Susan Fleischman is founder and owner of clutterfree, which provides professional organizing and home staging services nationwide. Prior to founding clutterfree in 2004, Fleischman enjoyed a successful career in marketing for prominent food, beverage and wine clients. A true “foodie” known for her fabulous dinner parties, she is especially knowledgeable and passionate about kitchen organization.
For more information or images, please contact Cynthia Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847-404-8404.