Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Comcast (CMCSA)
Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) was the recipient of a ratings changes during the seven days:
- Comcast had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $63.00 to $60.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We are trimming our price target for CMCSA to $60 from $63, but reiterating our Buy rating, and we are upgrading TWC to Buy from Hold, and setting a price target of $165. Shares of both have underperformed since Comcast announced its bid for TWC in an un-collared all-stock deal and the entire group saw its M&A premium deflate. We think this deal will get done with a minimum of fuss, and we see the potential for upside to Comcast’s forecast for synergies. We expect cable will continue to be challenged by new OTT entrants and rising capital intensity, but we believe Comcast is uniquely well positioned to handle this situation, and we believe TWC will reap significant benefits from having Comcast’s template imposed on it, which should support increased capital returns once the deal closes. We also believe Comcast sees billion-dollar-plus opportunities in wireless and advertising as a result of the scale the deal provides. “We are trimming our target price on CMCSA to reflect the general pullback in cable multiples; however, we still see the potential for significant upside as implied in our new $60 target, which in turn would imply a fair value of $165 for TWC given the all-stock structure of the deal.”
- Comcast had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Brean Capital. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $63.00.
- Comcast is now covered by analysts at Telsey Advisory Group. They set a “not rated” rating and a $64.00 price target on the stock.
- Comcast had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock.
- Comcast had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Pacific Crest. They now have a $65.00 price target on the stock.
Comcast Co. (NASDAQ:CMCSA) opened at 51.21 on Thursday. Comcast Co. has a 52 week low of $38.75 and a 52 week high of $55.28. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $50.10 and a 200-day moving average of $50.15. The company has a market cap of $133.5 billion and a P/E ratio of 19.86. Comcast also was the target of unusually large options trading activity on Monday. Investors bought 15,615 put options on the stock. This is an increase of approximately 115% compared to the average daily volume of 7,251 put options.
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) to residential and business customers.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.