Recent Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for EOG Resources (EOG)
A number of stock research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG) during the last seven days:
- EOG Resources had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $105.00 to $115.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “EOG reported recurring Q1’14 EPS/CFPS of $1.40 /$3.94 versus our $1.18/$3.63 estimates and Street consensus of $1.19/$3.56. The beat was driven by higher-than-projected U.S. oil, NGL and natural gas production, all of which were above the high-end of guidance as were Trinidad natural gas volumes, along with lower-than-forecast G&A which was below the low-end of guidance. “Due strictly to higher U.S. oil production (up 4 MBbls/d to now reflect ~31% yr/yr growth at the mid-point), EOG raised full-year guidance to 551.2-595.4 MBOE/d, or 8-17% yr/yr growth (we now model a 14% increase versus 12% previously). The uptick appears to be primarily driven by the Eagle Ford shale. At the same time, overall cost guidance was lowered while the full-year budget is unchanged.”
- EOG Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at UBS AG. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $113.00.
- EOG Resources had its price target raised by analysts at Goldman Sachs from $120.00 to $124.00.
- EOG Resources had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $120.00 to $130.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- EOG Resources was upgraded by analysts at Wunderlich from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $124.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $92.00.
- EOG Resources had its price target raised by analysts at RBC Capital from $103.00 to $106.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
EOG Resources Inc (NYSE:EOG) traded up 0.69% on Wednesday, hitting $104.341. 2,404,754 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. EOG Resources Inc has a 52-week low of $62.265 and a 52-week high of $106.50. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $98.88 and its 200-day moving average is $89.56. The company has a market cap of $56.995 billion and a P/E ratio of 25.78. EOG Resources also was the recipient of a significant growth in short interest during the month of April. As of April 15th, there was short interest totalling 7,664,079 shares, a growth of 114.0% from the March 31st total of 3,581,638 shares. Currently, 1.4% of the company’s shares are sold short. Based on an average daily volume of 3,928,118 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 2.0 days.
EOG Resources, Inc(NYSE:EOG) explores , develops, produces and markets crude oil and natural gas primarily in producing basins in the United States of America , Canada, The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad), the United Kingdom , The People’s Republic of China (China), the Argentine Republic (Argentina) and, from time to time, select other international areas.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.