Mondelez International (MDLZ) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Mondelez International (NASDAQ: MDLZ) recently:
- Mondelez International was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- Mondelez International had its price target raised by analysts at RBC Capital from $36.00 to $40.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- Mondelez International had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Mondelez’s proposed spin-off of its coffee business to D.E Master Blenders 1753 for $5 billion in cash sounds encouraging. The deal will allow Mondelez to concentrate on its core snacks portfolio, strengthen cash position and also cut supply chain and overhead costs. Moreover, the snacking giant’s first-quarter 2014 results were better than last quarter, with the company beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate for both revenues and earnings. Also, the company announced a new restructuring plan targeting aggressive cost savings which should enable it to accelerate its margins. However, the company’s top line continues to be weak due to emerging market choppiness, continued headwinds from coffee pricing and slower global category growth. Management also lowered its 2014 organic top-line growth target to reflect slower global category growth. The top line concerns keep us Neutral on the stock.”
- Mondelez International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $37.00.
- Mondelez International had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $37.00 to $42.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We revisit our EPS outlook, increasing 2015/16e by 4%/8% given accelerated margin targets and 2016 coffee accretion. Even with a conservative view on 2016 margins (MSe ~14.5% underlying), we still see meaningful upside and raise our PT from $37 to $42.”
Mondelez International Inc (NASDAQ:MDLZ) opened at 37.24 on Friday. Mondelez International Inc has a 52 week low of $28.22 and a 52 week high of $38.47. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $35.48 and its 200-day moving average is $34.42. The company has a market cap of $63.457 billion and a P/E ratio of 18.88. Mondelez International also saw a significant increase in short interest in the month of April. As of April 30th, there was short interest totalling 19,377,570 shares, an increase of 6.6% from the April 15th total of 18,170,774 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 8,439,654 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 2.3 days. Currently, 1.1% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Mondelez International, Inc (NASDAQ:MDLZ), is a snack manufacturing company.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.