Press Release: Blue Rhino’s Cookout Tips for July 4, Top Grilling Holiday
LIGHTNING RELEASES — WINSTON-SALEM, NC (July 1, 2014) – Millions of grillers across the country will be serving up hot dogs, burgers, ribs and corn to friends and family this July 4—the most popular holiday for using an outdoor grill or smoker. The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association says that 66 percent of gas grill and 70 percent of charcoal grill owners will use their appliance on Independence Day.*
Blue Rhino, the company known for its industry-leading propane brand, other outdoor living products such as grills and fire pits (www.BlueRhino.com), and its Mr. Bar-B-Q® brand innovative, premier barbecue accessories and outdoor lifestyle tools (www.MrBarBQ.com), offers a few tips for July 4 cookouts:
- Have a fresh, ready-to-grill propane tank on hand if using a gas grill. Blue Rhino tank exchange locations are conveniently available at over 45,000 retail locations nationwide.
- Always start with a clean grill since any cooked-on food particles can give your grilled food an unpleasant flavor. A thorough cleaning needs the right tool, like this Tough Brush.
- To keep food from sticking to the grids, spray or coat with cooking oil or an Onion Seasoning Grill Brush before lighting.
- Use the patriotic U.S.A. Burger Press to make perfectly formed burgers.
- For your vegetarian friends, toss raw vegetables in olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and thread them on stainless steel skewers to keep them from spinning on the grill.
- Feeding a crowd? Flip over four burgers at a time with the Big Kahuna of spatulas. Or use non-stick grilling baskets designed especially for multiple pieces of corn or fish to make flipping easier.
- Use the upper cooking grid (warming rack) for toasting hot dog or hamburger buns.
- To ensure that burgers, steaks, chicken or larger cuts are cooked perfectly, use a digital temperature fork.
- To avoid losing natural juices, use long-handled tongs or spatulas instead of forks and turn foods over just once during cooking.
- Be sure to rest meat for a few minutes before serving to redistribute juices that have pooled in the center. Once it’s cut, the meat will be more tender and juicier to eat.
- For dessert, treat guests to an American favorite dating back to the early 1900s. Mr. Bar-B-Q’s S’Mores Melting Tray makes four gooey, chocolatey s’mores at a time on the grill in the backyard with less muss and fuss, and more fun.
- Make cleanup easier by serving food in red plastic baskets lined with paper liners.
- Come armed with a handheld bug zapper for this summer’s voracious mosquitoes, and put food under a giant food tent to keep it bug-free.
- Always use a grilling glove made of fire-resistant fibers and a non-slip silicone grip to protect hands when placing and removing items from the grill top.
About Blue Rhino
In 1994, Blue Rhino – named for the color of a propane flame and the endangered animal – launched America’s first branded propane tank exchange service. Today, Blue Rhino is more than propane, with a full line of products at the heart of outdoor living. This includes grills, heaters, fire pits, fireplace accessories, mosquito traps, charcoal, and more sold under brands such as Mr. Bar-B-Q®, Endless Summer®, UniFlame®, and SkeeterVac®. Blue Rhino’s leading propane exchange brand is available at more thanover 45,000 retail stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico and is based in Winston-Salem, N.C. Blue Rhino is a division of Ferrellgas, L.P. For more information, visit www.BlueRhino.com.
About Mr. Bar-B-Q
Mr. Bar-B-Q®, a Blue Rhino brand, is the world’s expert in designing innovative, premier barbecue accessories and outdoor lifestyle tools. There are over 400 Mr. Bar-B-Q products, including tools and tool sets, brushes, baskets, toppers, accessories and grill covers. Unlike other products, Mr. Bar-B-Q products can be used for charcoal, gas or electric grills. Over 200 products are patented. Most Mr. Bar-B-Q products range in price from $9.99-$19.99. For more information, visit www.MrBarBQ.com.
Note to editors: To receive Mr. Bar-B-Q or Blue Rhino product samples or images, please contact Cynthia Greenwood at 847-404-8404 or Cynthia@newsmark.com.
*2013 Barbecue Consumer Research Report from the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association