GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) recently:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Glaxo’s second quarter 2014 earnings were down 12% at CER to $0.64 per ADS and missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $0.71. Revenues declined 4% y/y at CER to $9.3 billion. Glaxo no longer expects to report revenue growth in 2014. Additionally, Glaxo expects 2014 core earnings to be broadly in line (at CER) with the year-ago period. We are concerned about the challenges faced by the company in the guise of increasing competition and pricing pressure. Additionally, we believe that any strict action enforced by the Chinese and other governments will significantly impact the top line. In view of these challenges along with currency headwinds, we believe that Glaxo is overvalued at current levels. Thus, we maintain an Underperform recommendation on the stock.”
- GlaxoSmithKline plc was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc was downgraded by analysts at Mainfirst to an “underperform” rating.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Galvan Research.
Shares of GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) traded up 1.04% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $48.53. The stock had a trading volume of 3,994,469 shares. GlaxoSmithKline plc has a 1-year low of $47.51 and a 1-year high of $56.73. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $52.50 and its 200-day moving average is $53.81. The company has a market cap of $116.6 billion and a P/E ratio of 14.67.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK) is global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical products, including vaccines, over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and health-related consumer products.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.