Share on StockTwits

A federal judge said Tuesday, a Northern California man accused of starting one of the state’s largest wildfires when he lost control of his campfire last year can leave jail while the criminal case plays out in court. District Magistrate Judge Gary Austin said Keith 32 year-old Matthew Emerald, can post a $60,000 property bond if he wants to go free. The judge also set a list of conditions, including one that prohibits Emerald from lighting any campfires. Last week, a federal grand jury indicted Emerald on four counts accusing him of causing the 2013 wildfire that burned 400 square miles in Yosemite National Park and the Stanislaus National Forest.



“California Man Pleads Not Guilty To 2013 Wildfire” is categorized as “world”. This video was licensed from Grab Networks. For additional video content, click the “video” tab at the top of this page.