Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Atmel (ATML)
A number of stock research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Atmel (NASDAQ: ATML) during the last seven days:
- Atmel had its price target raised by analysts at Oppenheimer from $9.00 to $10.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- Atmel had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Atmel reported strong second quarter 2014 results with a decent year-over-year increase in both revenues and earnings. The company is investing more in its core microcontroller business to augment its margins and overall growth going forward. Fast-growing touch-sensing technology is one of the major growth drivers for Atmel’s microcontroller business. The company’s strong relationships with Nokia, Motorola, HTC and Samsung are also expected to bolster its business in the future. However, intense competitive pressure and foreign exchange rate risk may negatively impact its financial results in coming quarters. We maintain our long-term Neutral recommendation on the stock, as we expect it to perform in-line with the broader market”
- Atmel was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $9.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $10.00.
- Atmel is now covered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They set a “hold” rating and a $9.00 price target on the stock.
- Atmel had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Imperial Capital. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $11.00.
Shares of Atmel Co. (NASDAQ:ATML) traded up 1.47% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $8.28. 3,741,436 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. Atmel Co. has a 1-year low of $6.45 and a 1-year high of $9.76. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $8.83 and a 200-day moving average of $8.3. The company has a market cap of $3.465 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 102.00. Atmel also was the recipient of a significant growth in short interest in the month of July. As of July 31st, there was short interest totalling 7,773,716 shares, a growth of 27.2% from the July 15th total of 6,109,141 shares. Currently, 1.9% of the company’s stock are sold short. Based on an average trading volume of 5,754,615 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 1.4 days.
Atmel Corporation (NASDAQ:ATML),is engaged in designing, developing and supplying of microcontrollers.
Receive News & Ratings for Atmel Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Atmel Co and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.