Recent Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP)
Salix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SLXP) received a number of price target changes and ratings updates during the last week:
- Salix Pharmaceuticals was upgraded by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $157.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $121.00.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group to a “neutral” rating.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals had its price target lowered by analysts at Mizuho from $205.00 to $195.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $147.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $160.00.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $153.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Salix’s second quarter EPS of $1.44 was above the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.28. Revenues increased 62% with the Santarus acquisition boosting results. The acquisition has boosted the portfolio and strengthened the company’s position in the gastrointestinal market. Although, Salix maintained revenue guidance, the company has cut its earnings guidance due to a higher number of fully diluted shares. Salix is also progressing with its pipeline and could see some approvals as well as label expansions in the coming quarters. Moreover, the upcoming merger with Cosmo is an important step for Salix strategically as well as financially. The company will enjoy a tax efficient corporate structure. We believe Salix is poised for strong growth and Outperform recommendation. “
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ:SLXP) opened at 131.05 on Thursday. Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. has a 52-week low of $64.93 and a 52-week high of $141.81. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $132.4 and a 200-day moving average of $113.. The company has a market cap of $8.346 billion and a P/E ratio of 141.47.
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. is a specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to acquiring, developing and commercializing prescription drugs and medical devices used in the treatment of a variety of gastrointestinal disorders, which are those affecting the digestive tract.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.