Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Vitamin Shoppe (VSI)
Vitamin Shoppe (NYSE: VSI) was the recipient of a ratings changes during the seven days:
- Vitamin Shoppe was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs from a “conviction-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- Vitamin Shoppe had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a $49.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $54.00.
- Vitamin Shoppe had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley to $49.00.
- Vitamin Shoppe had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $55.00.
- Vitamin Shoppe had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Longbow Research. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $59.00. They wrote, “VSI reported adjusted EPS in line with our estimate, along with more stable comp trends compared to key competitor GNC (NEUTRAL). However, VSI indicated it expects gross margin in 2H14 to come in at the low end of expectations, and plans to increase ad spend in 3Q, likely in an attempt to drive new customer traffic. Gross and operating margin pressure appear near-term in nature, so given top-line strength, we consider yesterdays sell-off to be an attractive entry point. Consolidated revenues increased 9.6% y/y to $306.2M, (essentially in line with consensus), while segment comparable sales were up 4.0% in 2Q14 excluding e-commerce sales (versus our 4.4% estimate) and 5.1% including internet growth. Comp growth was mostly driven by traffic but also experienced slight inflation for the first time in 4+ quarters.”
Shares of Vitamin Shoppe Inc (NYSE:VSI) opened at 38.49 on Friday. Vitamin Shoppe Inc has a 52-week low of $36.90 and a 52-week high of $55.20. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $42.13 and a 200-day moving average of $44.2. The company has a market cap of $1.174 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.06.
Vitamin Shoppe, Inc is a specialty retailer and direct marketer of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, sports nutrition and other health and wellness products.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.