Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Athlon Energy (ATHL)
Athlon Energy (NASDAQ: ATHL) received a number of price target changes and ratings updates during the last week:
- Athlon Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Topeka Capital Markets from $58.00 to $60.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Athlon Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $54.00.
- Athlon Energy was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $50.00.
- Athlon Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Howard Weil from $61.00 to $63.00. They now have a “sector outperform” rating on the stock.
- Athlon Energy was upgraded by analysts at Tudor Pickering from an “accumulate” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Athlon Energy Inc (NASDAQ:ATHL) traded down 2.93% during mid-day trading on Tuesday, hitting $41.48. 1,181,573 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. Athlon Energy Inc has a 52-week low of $26.50 and a 52-week high of $51.63. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $46.71 and its 200-day moving average is $40.98. The company has a market cap of $4.037 billion and a P/E ratio of 53.21.
Athlon Energy (NASDAQ:ATHL) last announced its earnings results on Wednesday, August 13th. The company reported $0.27 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the analysts’ consensus estimate of $0.27. Analysts expect that Athlon Energy Inc will post $1.47 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Athlon Energy news, major shareholder Apollo Management Holdings Gp, sold 12,500,000 shares of the company’s stock on the open market in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $44.75, for a total transaction of $559,375,000.00. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Large shareholders that own at least 10% of a company’s shares are required to disclose their transactions with the SEC.
Athlon Energy Inc, is an independent exploration and production company. The Company is a holding company and its sole assets are controlling equity interests in Athlon Holdings LP and its subsidiaries.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.