The Valspar (VAL) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
The Valspar (NYSE: VAL) received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms in the last week:
- The Valspar had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a $81.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $77.00.
- The Valspar had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a $83.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $76.00.
- The Valspar had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $86.00.
- The Valspar had its price target raised by analysts at Longbow Research to $90.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- The Valspar had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays. They now have a $84.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $80.00.
Shares of The Valspar Co. (NYSE:VAL) traded down 0.09% on Wednesday, hitting $80.49. 210,363 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. The Valspar Co. has a one year low of $61.13 and a one year high of $82.00. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $77.17 and a 200-day moving average of $74.5. The company has a market cap of $6.696 billion and a P/E ratio of 23.32.
The Valspar (NYSE:VAL) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, August 12th. The company reported $1.21 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $1.16 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $1.20 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.19 billion. Analysts expect that The Valspar Co. will post $4.12 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which is scheduled for Monday, September 15th. Shareholders of record on Tuesday, September 2nd will be given a dividend of $0.26 per share. This represents a $1.04 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.29%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, August 28th.
In other The Valspar news, CEO Gary E. Hendrickson sold 84,500 shares of The Valspar stock on the open market in a transaction dated Thursday, August 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $79.12, for a total value of $6,685,640.00. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available at this link.
The Valspar Corporation is engaged in the paint and coatings business. The Company manufactures and distributes a range of coatings, paints and related products.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.