Kohl's Co. (KSS) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Kohl's Co. (NYSE: KSS) received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms in the last week:
- Kohl's Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group from $62.00 to $64.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Kohl's Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Sterne Agee from $61.00 to $62.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Kohl's Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank from $52.00 to $56.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- Kohl's Co. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Nomura. They now have a $65.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $62.00.
- Kohl's Co. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $63.00.
- Kohl's Co. had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Kohl’s second quarter 2014 earnings of $1.13 per beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate and prior year results by 5.6% 9.0% respectively. Net sales dipped 1.1% and also missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate due to a challenging retail environment and a decline in comparable sales. While gross margin expanded due to lower costs of merchandise, operating margin declined due to higher operating expenses particularly higher e-commerce costs. Overall we have faith in the company’s strong fundamentals. Kohl’s has a solid brand portfolio, a growing e-commerce business, a strong balance sheet, and impressive dividend yields. However, an anticipated increase in commodity costs and the continued sluggish retail environment are concerns. We thus remain Neutral on the stock. “
Kohl's Co. (NYSE:KSS) opened at 58.88 on Thursday. Kohl's Co. has a 52-week low of $48.68 and a 52-week high of $59.20. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $53.64 and a 200-day moving average of $53.92. The company has a market cap of $12.012 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 14.07.
Kohl's Co. (NYSE:KSS) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August 14th. The company reported $1.13 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $1.07 by $0.06. The company had revenue of $4.24 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $4.28 billion. Analysts expect that Kohl's Co. will post $4.28 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which is scheduled for Wednesday, September 24th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, September 10th will be paid a dividend of $0.39 per share. This represents a $1.56 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.65%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, September 8th.
Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS) operate family-oriented department stores that sell apparel, footwear and accessories for women, men and children; soft home products, such as sheets and pillows, and housewares.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.