Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for The Gap (GPS)
Several investment firms have updated their stock ratings and price targets on shares of The Gap (NYSE: GPS) in the last week:
- The Gap had its price target raised by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $48.00 to $50.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- The Gap had its price target raised by analysts at Mizuho from $48.00 to $50.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- The Gap was upgraded by analysts at Janney Montgomery Scott from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- The Gap had its price target raised by analysts at Telsey Advisory Group from $48.00 to $50.00. They now have a “not rated” rating on the stock.
- The Gap had its price target raised by analysts at Cowen and Company from $41.00 to $48.00.
The Gap Inc. (NYSE:GPS) traded down 0.38% on Wednesday, hitting $46.0944. 1,409,362 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. The Gap Inc. has a one year low of $36.13 and a one year high of $46.61. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $41.30 and its 200-day moving average is $41.12. The company has a market cap of $20.005 billion and a P/E ratio of 17.06.
The Gap (NYSE:GPS) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August 21st. The company reported $0.74 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.69 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $3.98 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.97 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.64 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 2.9% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts expect that The Gap Inc. will post $2.96 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 29th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, October 8th will be paid a dividend of $0.22 per share. This represents a $0.88 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.90%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, October 6th.
In other The Gap news, Insider Jack Calhoun unloaded 93,750 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, August 25th. The shares were sold at an average price of $45.79, for a total value of $4,292,812.50. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this link.
The Gap, Inc (NYSE:GPS),is a global specialty apparel company.
Receive News & Ratings for The Gap Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for The Gap Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.