Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ)
Several investment firms have updated their stock ratings and price targets on shares of Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE: HPQ) in the last week:
- Hewlett-Packard Company is now covered by analysts at S&P Equity Research. They set a “hold” rating and a $2.62 price target on the stock.
- Hewlett-Packard Company was upgraded by analysts at Monness Crespi & Hardt from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock.
- Hewlett-Packard Company had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays. They now have a $41.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $38.00.
- Hewlett-Packard Company had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $40.00. They wrote, “EPS of $0.89 was right in line with us/Street $0.90/$0.89, even with a slight revenue beat (expected) on strength in PCs. Investors should be encouraged by the strong FCF generation ($2.6bn vs. our $2.1bn) and the higher $9bn expectation for F2014. While F4Q14 EPS guidance was in line at $1.03-$1.07 vs. our/Street prior $1.04/1.05, our EPS estimates increase modestly in F15/F16 on margin improvement in Services, which is key to the turnaround. We maintain Buy as margin improvement and strong FCF generation story remains intact.”
- Hewlett-Packard Company was upgraded by analysts at FBN Securities from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $35.00.
- Hewlett-Packard Company had its price target raised by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald from $30.00 to $34.50.
- Hewlett-Packard Company had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock.
Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ) opened at 37.83 on Wednesday. Hewlett-Packard Company has a 1-year low of $20.25 and a 1-year high of $38.13. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $35.16 and its 200-day moving average is $32.94. The company has a market cap of $70.742 billion and a P/E ratio of 13.96.
Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ) last released its earnings data on Wednesday, August 20th. The company reported $0.89 EPS for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.89. The company had revenue of $27.59 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $27.00 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.86 earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 1.0% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts expect that Hewlett-Packard Company will post $3.73 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which is scheduled for Wednesday, October 1st. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, September 10th will be given a dividend of $0.16 per share. This represents a $0.64 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.69%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, September 8th.
Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ) is a provider of products, technologies, software, solutions and services to individual consumers, small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and large enterprises, including customers in the Government, health and education sectors.
Receive News & Ratings for Hewlett-Packard Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hewlett-Packard Company and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.