Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Sprint (S)
Sprint (NYSE: S) was the recipient of a ratings changes during the seven days:
- Sprint had its price target lowered by analysts at RBC Capital from $8.00 to $7.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- Sprint had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays. They now have a $6.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $9.00.
- Sprint had its price target lowered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $7.50 to $5.75. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- Sprint had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Goldman Sachs.
- Sprint had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co..
Sprint Co. (NYSE:S) opened at 5.64 on Thursday. Sprint Co. has a 52 week low of $5.36 and a 52 week high of $11.47. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $6.53 and its 200-day moving average is $8.17. The company’s market cap is $22.253 billion. Sprint also was the target of a large increase in short interest in August. As of August 15th, there was short interest totalling 100,412,481 shares, an increase of 18.7% from the July 31st total of 84,571,795 shares. Approximately 12.9% of the company’s stock are sold short. Based on an average daily volume of 38,828,518 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 2.6 days.
Sprint (NYSE:S) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 30th. The company reported $0.01 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.02) by $0.03. The company had revenue of $8.79 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $8.69 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted ($0.53) earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was down 1.0% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts expect that Sprint Co. will post $-0.14 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S), is a holding company, with its operations primarily conducted by its subsidiaries.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.