Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN)
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: REGN) received a number of price target changes and ratings updates during the last week:
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at Zacks from an “outperform” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $316.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “We are downgrading Regeneron to Underperform following its earnings miss by a wide margin in the second quarter of 2014. The company’s reported earnings of $1.89 per share were well short of the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $2.33 due to higher costs. Regeneron’s earnings estimates for 2014 and 2015 have gone down following the disappointing bottom-line performance. Though impressed by the rebound in U.S. sales of Eylea in the second quarter from a disappointing first quarter, we believe that sales of the eye drug will have to improve significantly in the remaining quarters in order to meet the 2014 guidance of $1.7 billion to $1.8 billion. We believe that there is significant scope for stock price depreciation from current levels and advise investors to get rid of it.”
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $310.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We believe positive data is already priced into REGN and expect minimal impact. While there could be some investor enthusiasm around the CV data, we do not believe alirocumab could differentiate itself from evolocumab on such a small study and further believe any positive CV data would be viewed as a class effect. Our ~$2B in 2020E WW alirocumab sales already reflects positive LDL lowering data, though we note positive outcomes data could double our ests. We look forward to any additional details on Regeneron and Sanofi’s 8:30 AM EST Tuesday conference call.”
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse from $340.00 to $400.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at Brean Capital from $380.00 to $390.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at Leerink Swann from $389.00 to $436.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at Roth Capital from $399.00 to $422.00.
Shares of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ:REGN) opened at 361.90 on Thursday. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc has a one year low of $257.69 and a one year high of $369.31. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $331.2 and its 200-day moving average is $313.1. The company has a market cap of $36.331 billion and a P/E ratio of 102.31.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 5th. The company reported $2.47 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the analysts’ consensus estimate of $2.30 by $0.17. The company had revenue of $666.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $647.99 million. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $1.73 earnings per share. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals’s revenue was up 45.4% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts predict that Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc will post $10.15 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other Regeneron Pharmaceuticals news, Director Joseph L. Goldstein sold 2,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 27th. The shares were sold at an average price of $350.31, for a total value of $700,620.00. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc (NASDAQ:REGN) is an integrated biopharmaceutical company, which discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions.
Get Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades via Email - Stay on top of analysts' coverage with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter that provides a concise list of analysts' upgrades and downgrades. Click here to register now.