Agrium (AGU) – Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Agrium (NYSE: AGU) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/14/2016 – Agrium had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cleveland Research.
- 9/13/2016 – Agrium was upgraded by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from an “underperform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Agrium was downgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 9/13/2016 – Agrium was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp. from a “buy” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $91.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Agrium was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Agrium saw lower profits in second-quarter 2016 on weak selling prices across all nutrients. Adjusted earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate while sales missed. In a major move, Agrium and Potash Corp. have agreed to merge in a deal that would create the world’s biggest crop nutrient company. The proposed merger is expected to create significant cost and operational synergies. However, Agrium is still reeling under the effects of the depressed prices of crop nutrients. The crop pricing environment is expected to remain soft in the near term. Nitrogen prices also remain under pressure. The company has cut its earnings guidance for 2016 factoring in sustained pricing pressure. Agrium is also faced with issues such as logistical constraints. Nevertheless, Agrium should benefit from overall healthy trends in the crop input market in the long haul and its internal growth initiatives.”
- 9/1/2016 – Agrium had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $91.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/31/2016 – Agrium had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein.
- 8/31/2016 – Agrium had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital Markets.
- 8/18/2016 – Agrium had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $96.00 to $98.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 8/8/2016 – Agrium had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $91.00 to $93.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/5/2016 – Agrium was upgraded by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from a “sell” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 8/5/2016 – Agrium had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $95.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/5/2016 – Agrium was upgraded by analysts at AltaCorp Capital from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 8/4/2016 – Agrium had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at TD Securities. They now have a $94.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Agrium Inc. (NYSE:AGU) traded up 0.62% during trading on Wednesday, reaching $91.43. The company had a trading volume of 162,336 shares. The stock has a market capitalization of $12.63 billion, a PE ratio of 14.69 and a beta of 1.33. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $92.08 and its 200-day moving average price is $90.35. Agrium Inc. has a 12 month low of $79.94 and a 12 month high of $100.24.
Agrium (NYSE:AGU) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 3rd. The company reported $4.18 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $4.08 by $0.10. The business had revenue of $6.42 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $6.67 billion. Agrium had a return on equity of 14.22% and a net margin of 6.18%. The business’s quarterly revenue was down 8.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $4.90 EPS. Equities analysts forecast that Agrium Inc. will post $5.16 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/21/agrium-agu-analysts-recent-ratings-changes.html
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, October 20th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 30th will be given a dividend of $0.875 per share. This represents a $3.50 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.85%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, September 28th. Agrium’s payout ratio is 55.73%.
Agrium Inc is a producer and distributor of agricultural products and services. The Company categorizes its segments within the Retail and Wholesale business units. The Retail business unit distributes crop nutrients, crop protection products, seed, merchandise and services directly to growers through a network of farm centers in two geographical segments: North America, which includes the United States and Canada, and International, which includes Australia and South America.
Receive News & Ratings for Agrium Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Agrium Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.