Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Monsanto (MON)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Monsanto (NYSE: MON):
- 9/21/2016 – Monsanto was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $128.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto was downgraded by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from a “buy” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $110.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “A 44 percent premium over a cyclical low in the stock is less than ten percent higher than where the stock was two years back, when the cycle was moderately stronger, suggesting that Monsanto is selling at a cyclical trough. The breakup fee, of $2 billion, is a fraction of what Monsanto itself offered Syngenta AG (ADR) (NYSE: SYT) shareowners, at a time when regulatory concerns about deal approval were far less serious.”
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $118.00 to $128.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto had its “positive” rating reaffirmed by analysts at S&P Equity Research.
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto was given a new $128.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein.
- 9/15/2016 – Monsanto was given a new $128.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Monsanto was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/6/2016 – Monsanto was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Monsanto’s revenues and earnings are currently hurt by several industry specific headwinds. Cyclical downturn of agricultural industry, weak agro products prices, appreciation of the U.S. currency and economic slowdown in emerging markets like China are the major headwinds experienced by the company. Stiff competition is also a major cause of concern. Over the last 60 days, the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the company has been revised downwards for both fiscal 2016 and 2017. However, the company expects to boost its financials on the back of favorable legal allowances, strategic innovations, lower costs and greater financial discipline.”
- 9/6/2016 – Monsanto had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 8/21/2016 – Monsanto had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a $118.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/19/2016 – Monsanto had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $112.00 to $116.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2016 – Monsanto was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $122.43 price target on the stock.
- 8/8/2016 – Monsanto was upgraded by analysts at Monness Crespi & Hardt from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $130.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $106.93.
- 8/3/2016 – Monsanto was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $117.09 price target on the stock.
Shares of Monsanto Co. (NYSE:MON) traded up 1.52% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $104.44. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 3,108,935 shares. The company has a 50-day moving average of $105.86 and a 200-day moving average of $100.40. Monsanto Co. has a 12 month low of $81.22 and a 12 month high of $114.26. The company has a market cap of $45.70 billion, a P/E ratio of 45.97 and a beta of 1.24.
Monsanto (NYSE:MON) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, June 29th. The company reported $2.17 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.40 by $0.23. Monsanto had a net margin of 7.76% and a return on equity of 37.98%. The company had revenue of $4.19 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $4.49 billion. During the same period last year, the business posted $2.39 earnings per share. The firm’s quarterly revenue was down 8.5% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts forecast that Monsanto Co. will post $4.46 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/21/analysts-recent-ratings-updates-for-monsanto-mon.html
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, October 28th. Stockholders of record on Friday, October 7th will be paid a dividend of $0.54 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, October 5th. This represents a $2.16 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.10%. Monsanto’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 89.26%.
In related news, COO Brett D. Begemann sold 27,980 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, July 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $103.62, for a total value of $2,899,287.60. Following the sale, the chief operating officer now directly owns 102,480 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $10,618,977.60. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, CEO Michael K. Stern sold 12,797 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, July 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $101.77, for a total value of $1,302,350.69. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now directly owns 21,583 shares in the company, valued at $2,196,501.91. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 0.88% of the company’s stock.
Monsanto Company (Monsanto), along with its subsidiaries, is a provider of agricultural products for farmers. The Company provides seeds, biotechnology trait products, herbicides and precision agriculture tools to farmers. The Company operates through two segments: Seeds and Genomics, and Agricultural Productivity.
Receive News & Ratings for Monsanto Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Monsanto Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.