Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for ConocoPhillips (COP)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) recently:
- 9/12/2016 – ConocoPhillips was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – ConocoPhillips was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $42.73 price target on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – ConocoPhillips was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $40.39 price target on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – ConocoPhillips was upgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group from an “underperform” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $30.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/6/2016 – ConocoPhillips had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG.
- 8/11/2016 – ConocoPhillips had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Simmons.
- 7/31/2016 – ConocoPhillips had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG.
Shares of ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) traded up 2.69% on Wednesday, hitting $40.06. 6,384,084 shares of the company were exchanged. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $41.51 and a 200 day moving average price of $42.62. The firm’s market cap is $49.61 billion. ConocoPhillips has a 52-week low of $31.05 and a 52-week high of $57.24.
ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) last released its earnings results on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported ($0.79) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.61) by $0.18. The firm earned $5.58 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.38 billion. ConocoPhillips had a negative net margin of 28.40% and a negative return on equity of 9.26%. ConocoPhillips’s revenue for the quarter was down 35.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.07 earnings per share. Analysts predict that ConocoPhillips will post ($2.48) EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/21/investment-analysts-recent-ratings-changes-for-conocophillips-cop.html
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 1st. Shareholders of record on Monday, July 25th were issued a $0.25 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, July 21st. This represents a $1.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.50%. ConocoPhillips’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is -17.57%.
In related news, Director Arjun N. Murti acquired 6,500 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, August 1st. The shares were acquired at an average cost of $39.72 per share, for a total transaction of $258,180.00. Following the acquisition, the director now directly owns 19,000 shares in the company, valued at approximately $754,680. The acquisition was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, VP Ellen Desanctis acquired 5,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 11th. The shares were bought at an average price of $40.50 per share, for a total transaction of $202,500.00. Following the completion of the acquisition, the vice president now owns 22,010 shares in the company, valued at $891,405. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. 0.07% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
ConocoPhillips (ConocoPhillips) is an independent exploration and production company. The Company explores for, produces, transports and markets crude oil, bitumen, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG). The Company operates through six operating segments, which are primarily defined by geographic region: Alaska; Lower 48; Canada; Europe and North Africa; Asia Pacific and Middle East, and Other International.
Receive News & Ratings for ConocoPhillips Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for ConocoPhillips and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.