Microsemi Corp. (MSCC) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Microsemi Corp. (NASDAQ: MSCC) in the last few weeks:
- 9/20/2016 – Microsemi Corp. is now covered by analysts at Susquehanna. They set a “positive” rating on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “top pick” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital Markets. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $52.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $46.00.
- 9/9/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $48.00 to $50.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/25/2016 – Microsemi Corp. was downgraded by analysts at Drexel Hamilton from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/22/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Mizuho from $42.00 to $46.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/10/2016 – Microsemi Corp. was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Microsemi Corporation is an OEM of a broad range of high-reliability and analog/mixed signal integrated circuits. Fiscal third-quarter earnings exceeded the Zacks Consensus Estimate. The company has positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. Microsemi’s compelling products, scope for margin expansion and decent balance sheet are other positives. However, pockets of weakness related to product transition at medical customers, push-out of some communications spending in China and a softer oil & gas market continue to impact revenues. Also, heavy investment in R&D could impact near-term profitability.”
- 7/31/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “top pick” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital Markets. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $47.00.
- 7/29/2016 – Microsemi Corp. was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/29/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They wrote, “Google easily beat estimates with top-line growth that was the highest we’ve seen since 3Q’14. This strength reflects accelerating growth at Google Websites, which was driven by the most strategically important products, namely, mobile search and YouTube.””
- 7/29/2016 – Microsemi Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $45.00.
Microsemi Corp. (NASDAQ:MSCC) traded up 1.38% during trading on Wednesday, hitting $41.18. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 493,441 shares. The firm’s market cap is $4.66 billion. The company has a 50-day moving average of $39.82 and a 200 day moving average of $35.99. Microsemi Corp. has a one year low of $28.91 and a one year high of $42.11.
Microsemi Corp. (NASDAQ:MSCC) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.73 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.72 by $0.01. Microsemi Corp. had a negative net margin of 3.12% and a positive return on equity of 17.32%. The company earned $431.40 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $430.22 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.68 earnings per share. Microsemi Corp.’s revenue for the quarter was up 36.0% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts forecast that Microsemi Corp. will post $3.02 earnings per share for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/21/microsemi-corp-mscc-investment-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes.html
In other news, VP Frederick C. Goerner sold 4,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 9th. The shares were sold at an average price of $39.39, for a total value of $157,560.00. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now directly owns 52,561 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,070,377.79. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this link. Also, Director Paul F. Folino sold 1,500 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 18th. The shares were sold at an average price of $39.80, for a total transaction of $59,700.00. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 1,070 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $42,586. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.50% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Microsemi Corporation (Microsemi) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions. Microsemi’s products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits (ICs), field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), system on chip solutions (SoCs) and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs); power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions; voice processing devices; radio frequency (RF) solutions; discrete components; security technologies and scalable anti-tamper products; Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) ICs and midspans.
Receive News & Ratings for Microsemi Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Microsemi Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.