Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE: CP) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/13/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $154.00 to $170.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $172.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $165.00 to $172.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital.
- 8/11/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited is now covered by analysts at Atlantic Securities. They set an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2016 – Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $155.00 to $165.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE:CP) traded up 1.34% during trading on Wednesday, reaching $146.35. The company had a trading volume of 287,632 shares. The company has a market capitalization of $21.63 billion, a P/E ratio of 19.72 and a beta of 1.40. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited has a 12 month low of $97.09 and a 12 month high of $157.82. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $149.73 and a 200-day moving average of $139.06.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE:CP) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, July 20th. The company reported $2.05 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $2.50 by $0.45. The firm earned $1.45 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.57 billion. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited had a return on equity of 32.47% and a net margin of 23.36%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 12.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $2.45 earnings per share. Equities research analysts expect that Canadian Pacific Railway Limited will post $8.02 EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/21/weekly-analysts-ratings-changes-for-canadian-pacific-railway-limited-cp.html
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, October 24th. Investors of record on Friday, September 30th will be paid a dividend of $0.3858 per share. This is an increase from Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.27. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, September 28th. This represents a $1.54 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.07%. Canadian Pacific Railway Limited’s dividend payout ratio is presently 20.82%.
In other news, Director Pershing Square Capital Manage sold 9,840,890 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $141.68, for a total value of $1,394,257,295.20. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. 0.13% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP), together with its subsidiaries, operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The Company operates in rail transportation segment. The Company’s business mix includes bulk commodities, merchandise freight and intermodal traffic over a network of approximately 12,500 miles, serving the principal business centers of Canada from Montreal, Quebec, to Vancouver, British Columbia, and the United States Northeast and Midwest regions.
Receive News & Ratings for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Canadian Pacific Railway Limited and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.