Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for BP PLC (BP)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for BP PLC (NYSE: BP):
- 9/21/2016 – BP PLC was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $37.28 price target on the stock.
- 9/11/2016 – BP PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Collins Stewart.
- 9/8/2016 – BP PLC was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $36.43 price target on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – BP PLC had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 8/16/2016 – BP PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Agricole SA.
- 8/12/2016 – BP PLC was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $37.66 price target on the stock.
- 8/1/2016 – BP PLC was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $37.87 price target on the stock.
- 7/27/2016 – BP PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc..
BP PLC (NYSE:BP) opened at 33.61 on Thursday. The firm’s market cap is $105.18 billion. BP PLC has a 52 week low of $27.01 and a 52 week high of $37.53. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $33.88 and a 200 day moving average price of $32.85.
BP PLC (NYSE:BP) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 26th. The oil and gas exploration company reported $0.23 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.28 by $0.05. BP PLC had a negative net margin of 2.76% and a positive return on equity of 3.32%. The firm earned $46.44 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $50.22 billion. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.07 earnings per share. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 25.7% on a year-over-year basis. Equities research analysts expect that BP PLC will post $1.11 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/22/research-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes-for-bp-plc-bp.html
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 16th. Investors of record on Friday, August 5th were paid a $0.595 dividend. This represents a $2.38 annualized dividend and a yield of 7.08%. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, August 3rd. BP PLC’s payout ratio is currently -139.18%.
BP p.l.c. is an integrated oil and gas company. The Company provides its customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. The Company operates through three segments: Upstream, Downstream and Rosneft.
Receive News & Ratings for BP PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for BP PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.