V.F. Corp. (VFC) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
V.F. Corp. (NYSE: VFC) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/15/2016 – V.F. Corp. was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp. from a “buy” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $54.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $73.00.
- 9/15/2016 – V.F. Corp. is now covered by analysts at Susquehanna. They set a “neutral” rating and a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co.. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $57.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/11/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $76.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – V.F. Corp. was downgraded by analysts at DA Davidson from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $78.00.
- 9/2/2016 – V.F. Corp. was downgraded by analysts at Buckingham Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $70.00.
- 7/27/2016 – V.F. Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “V.F. Corporation’s second-quarter 2016 earnings beat estimates. Also, both the top and bottom lines rose year over year. Results were mainly driven by solid sales at the Outdoor & Action Sports, Imagewear and Jeanswear segments, along with impressive direct-to-consumer and international business performance. However, results continued to be hurt by currency woes that also weighed on margins. Moreover, management’s 2016 view indicates that results will continue to be impacted by these headwinds, alongside being hurt by the company’s recent decision to sell its Contemporary Brands business. This, along with bankruptcy in the sporting goods channel, led management to trim its sales outlook for the year. Nonetheless, V.F. Corp.’s focus on strategic acquisitions and expansion of global operations highlights its growth prospects. Moreover, its solid brand portfolio and opportunities with regard to distribution bode well.”
- 7/26/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Buckingham Research. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/26/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $76.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/25/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/25/2016 – V.F. Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Brean Capital.
Shares of V.F. Corp. (NYSE:VFC) opened at 56.72 on Thursday. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $61.34 and a 200-day moving average price of $62.79. V.F. Corp. has a 1-year low of $52.21 and a 1-year high of $73.81. The stock has a market cap of $23.52 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 22.44 and a beta of 0.76.
V.F. Corp. (NYSE:VFC) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Friday, July 22nd. The company reported $0.35 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.34 by $0.01. V.F. Corp. had a net margin of 8.82% and a return on equity of 25.27%. The company had revenue of $2.40 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.53 billion. During the same quarter last year, the business earned $0.40 earnings per share. V.F. Corp.’s revenue was up .8% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts expect that V.F. Corp. will post $3.20 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/22/v-f-corp-vfc-investment-analysts-recent-ratings-updates.html
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, September 19th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 9th were paid a $0.37 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, September 7th. This represents a $1.48 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.61%. V.F. Corp.’s payout ratio is currently 58.73%.
In other V.F. Corp. news, Director Clarence Otis, Jr. sold 25,540 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 10th. The shares were sold at an average price of $62.12, for a total value of $1,586,544.80. Following the sale, the director now owns 37,510 shares in the company, valued at $2,330,121.20. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, CEO Eric C. Wiseman sold 264,816 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, August 19th. The shares were sold at an average price of $64.55, for a total transaction of $17,093,872.80. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now owns 756,198 shares in the company, valued at approximately $48,812,580.90. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 1.70% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
V.F. Corporation (VF) is engaged in the design, manufacturing, marketing and distribution of branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and related products. The Company’s segments include Outdoor & Action Sports, Jeanswear, Imagewear, Sportswear, Contemporary Brands and Other. The Company owns a portfolio of brands in the outerwear, footwear, denim, backpack, luggage, accessory, sportswear, occupational and performance apparel categories.
Receive News & Ratings for VF Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for VF Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.