Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for American Express (AXP)
American Express (NYSE: AXP) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/16/2016 – American Express had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We note that the 12.3% y/y growth rate is a deceleration from last month’s 13.8% growth rate by 151 bps, and the only other m/m deceleration in balance growth YTD was in March (by 25 bps to 11.6% y/y growth). This deceleration could be attributable at least in part to success by Citi, post its launch of the Costco card, in attracting spend from former Amex-Costco cardholders. Amex shows strong credit quality with stable adjusted delinquencies of 1.0% and stable adj loss rates of 1.4%. U.S. Small Business ended the month with $8.8Bn loans, growing 15.9% y/y, a 35 bps acceleration from last month’s rate. Adjusted net losses were 1.4% (up 20 bps m/m). Dollar net losses were $11.7MM in the month, up 8% from July. 30+ day delinquencies were stable at 1.0%. Bottom Line: USCS and U.S. Small Business are both growing rapidly and credit also appears stable. Earlier we wrote that about half of the incremental growth seen in Amex’s Consumer card loans was a result of excluding slower-growing Costco card balances, while winning over former Costco cardholders with attractive sign-up cash bonuses resulted in acceleration. Now it appears that competitive factors are eroding the acceleration seen in the first half of 2016 as spending and balances shift to other attractive cards, such as the Citi Costco card.””
- 9/12/2016 – American Express had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $74.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – American Express is now covered by analysts at Atlantic Securities. They set an “underweight” rating and a $62.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – American Express had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a $71.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/10/2016 – American Express had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc..
- 7/24/2016 – American Express had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
American Express Co. (NYSE:AXP) opened at 64.28 on Thursday. The company has a market capitalization of $59.38 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 11.37 and a beta of 1.24. American Express Co. has a one year low of $50.27 and a one year high of $77.85. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $65.06 and its 200 day moving average price is $63.30.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/09/22/weekly-research-analysts-ratings-updates-for-american-express-axp.html
American Express (NYSE:AXP) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 20th. The payment services company reported $2.10 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.95 by $0.15. The business had revenue of $8.20 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $8.33 billion. American Express had a return on equity of 28.00% and a net margin of 16.73%. The business’s revenue was down .6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $1.42 EPS. On average, equities research analysts expect that American Express Co. will post $5.52 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
American Express Company is a services company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products, and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world. The Company’s segments include U.S. Consumer Services (USCS), International Consumer and Network Services (ICNS), Global Commercial Services (GCS) and Global Merchant Services (GMS).
Receive News & Ratings for American Express Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for American Express Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.