Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Acceleron Pharma (XLRN)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Acceleron Pharma (NASDAQ: XLRN):
- 10/6/2016 – Acceleron Pharma was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Acceleron Pharma Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company which focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of protein therapeutics for cancer and rare diseases. Acceleron Pharma Inc. is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. “
- 9/29/2016 – Acceleron Pharma is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They set a “neutral” rating and a $40.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2016 – Acceleron Pharma had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We view Mr Dable’s prior role as President of US Pharmaceuticals Bayer and experience in commercial product launches as a strong strategic fit for XLRN’s future commercialization. Further, Mr Dable brings significant collaboration experience from Bayer deals with Genzyme and Regeneron, where he spearheaded ophthalmology business planning and execution. Our conversation with mgmt. indicates Dr. Knopf will stay involved with XLRN in a scientific capacity, after co-founding the company 13 years ago. Mgmt change prepares XLRN for luspatercept co-commercialization: With ph3 trials in MDS and beta-thalassemia ongoing, we see Mr. Dable bringing significant commercial experience to XLRN. We conservatively model luspatercept sales in ESA-resistant and ring sideroblast-positive (RS+) MDS patients (ph3 MEDALIST population) and transfusion dependent beta- thalassemia patients (ph3 BELIEVE population). We model PoS-unadjusted peak year sales ests. of $908M globally in MDS and $1.1B in beta- thalassemia.””
- 9/28/2016 – Acceleron Pharma had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at FBR & Co.
- 8/19/2016 – Acceleron Pharma is now covered by analysts at BTIG Research. They set a “buy” rating and a $46.00 price target on the stock.
Acceleron Pharma Inc. (NASDAQ:XLRN) opened at 33.47 on Monday. The company’s market capitalization is $1.26 billion. Acceleron Pharma Inc. has a 12-month low of $21.93 and a 12-month high of $50.86. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $33.90 and a 200-day moving average price of $32.52.
Acceleron Pharma (NASDAQ:XLRN) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 4th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.59) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.50) by $0.09. The business earned $3.20 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.77 million. Acceleron Pharma had a negative net margin of 190.41% and a negative return on equity of 30.00%. The firm’s revenue was down 43.9% on a year-over-year basis. Equities analysts predict that Acceleron Pharma Inc. will post ($1.59) EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/10/weekly-research-analysts-ratings-changes-for-acceleron-pharma-xlrn.html
In related news, SVP John D. Quisel sold 45,952 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, September 21st. The stock was sold at an average price of $38.05, for a total value of $1,748,473.60. Following the transaction, the senior vice president now directly owns 77,004 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $2,930,002.20. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, SVP John D. Quisel sold 21,438 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $32.14, for a total value of $689,017.32. Following the completion of the transaction, the senior vice president now directly owns 86,723 shares in the company, valued at $2,787,277.22. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 12.20% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Acceleron Pharma Inc is a United States-based clinical stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on discovering and developing therapies to treat a range of diseases. Its therapeutic candidate, luspatercept, is being evaluated in Phase III studies for the treatment of the hematologic diseases myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and beta-thalassemia.
Receive News & Ratings for Acceleron Pharma Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Acceleron Pharma Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.