Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of GlaxoSmithKline PLC (NYSE: GSK) in the last few weeks:
- 10/5/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Glaxo’s top line is under pressure due to generic competition being faced by many of its products. Drugs like Lovaza and Avodart are facing declining sales due to intense generic competition. Moreover, Epzicom sales are expected to be affected by newly launched generics by Teva in the U.S. Advair’s sales are already being adversely impacted by pricing and competitive pressure in the U.S. and generic competition in Europe. However, the performance of new drugs like Tivicay and Nucala has been strong which should help support future revenues and ease the impact of the lost sales of Advair due to generic competition.”
- 9/27/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Glaxo, focused on three core businesses – Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare – is positioned to deliver double-digit core earnings growth from 2016. Glaxo’s diversified base and presence in different geographical areas should help support revenues. We are positive on the performance of new products as well as those acquired from Novartis. These should help support revenues and ease the impact of the loss of Advair sales. We are also positive on Glaxo’s efforts to develop its pipeline. Moreover, Glaxo’s efforts to increase cost efficiency and its outlook for the next five years bode well. However, challenges remain in the form of increasing competition, genericization and pricing pressure, which will continue to impact the company’s performance.”
- 9/23/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC is now covered by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They set an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc..
- 9/22/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 9/20/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp.. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/16/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 9/16/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Beaufort Securities.
- 9/14/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 9/13/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC was downgraded by analysts at BNP Paribas from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 9/12/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at HSBC.
- 8/17/2016 – GlaxoSmithKline PLC had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Shore Capital.
GlaxoSmithKline PLC (NYSE:GSK) traded down 0.19% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $42.06. 1,234,137 shares of the stock were exchanged. GlaxoSmithKline PLC has a 12-month low of $37.82 and a 12-month high of $45.58. The firm has a market cap of $102.23 billion, a P/E ratio of 2628.75 and a beta of 0.89. The company has a 50 day moving average of $43.32 and a 200 day moving average of $42.92.
The business also recently declared a dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, October 13th. Stockholders of record on Friday, August 12th will be issued a dividend of $0.494 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 10th. GlaxoSmithKline PLC’s dividend payout ratio is presently 6,600.00%.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a healthcare company. The Company is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical products, including vaccines, over-the-counter (OTC) medicines and health-related consumer products. The Company’s segments include Pharmaceuticals, Pharmaceuticals R&D, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
Receive News & Ratings for GlaxoSmithKline PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for GlaxoSmithKline PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.