Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Novartis AG (NVS)
Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/10/2016 – Novartis AG had its price target lowered by analysts at Chardan Capital from $95.00 to $92.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2016 – Novartis AG had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 9/28/2016 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/21/2016 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Novartis is facing challenging business conditions due to generic competition and weakness in the Alcon business. Generic competition for Gleevec, Exelon Patch, Diovan and Exforge; increased spending related to the ongoing launches of Entresto and Cosentyx; the restructuring plan for Alcon; and unfavorable currency fluctuations will continue to dampen the company’s performance in the upcoming quarters. Nevertheless, the company enjoys a strong presence in the oncology market with drugs like Afinitor, Exjade, Jakavi and Zykadia. We are also impressed by the company’s efforts to strengthen its biosimilars portfolio.”
- 9/20/2016 – Novartis AG is now covered by analysts at Chardan Capital. They set a “buy” rating and a $95.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Novartis AG had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 8/25/2016 – Novartis AG had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus.
Shares of Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) traded down 1.1673% during midday trading on Wednesday, reaching $75.9134. 2,282,407 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $79.67 and a 200-day moving average of $78.98. Novartis AG has a 12-month low of $69.90 and a 12-month high of $95.11. The stock has a market capitalization of $180.77 billion, a P/E ratio of 27.1022 and a beta of 0.57.
Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, July 19th. The company reported $1.23 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.18 by $0.05. The business earned $12.47 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $12.33 billion. Novartis AG had a net margin of 13.84% and a return on equity of 15.33%. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $1.25 earnings per share. Analysts anticipate that Novartis AG will post $4.72 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Novartis AG is a holding company. The Company specializes in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of a range of healthcare products led by pharmaceuticals, including eye care products. Its portfolio includes medicines, eye care and generic pharmaceuticals. The Company’s segments include Pharmaceuticals, Alcon and Sandoz.
Receive News & Ratings for Novartis AG Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Novartis AG and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.