MetLife (MET) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for MetLife (NYSE: MET):
- 10/8/2016 – MetLife had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/7/2016 – MetLife is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They set a “neutral” rating and a $51.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/7/2016 – MetLife was given a new $54.00 price target on by analysts at Argus. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/6/2016 – MetLife was given a new $51.00 price target on by analysts at Bank of America Corp.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – MetLife had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co..
- 9/7/2016 – MetLife had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $54.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – MetLife had its price target raised by analysts at FBR & Co from $51.00 to $54.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/24/2016 – MetLife was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of MetLife Inc. (NYSE:MET) traded up 0.5705% during midday trading on Wednesday, hitting $47.5799. 1,776,653 shares of the stock were exchanged. The firm has a market cap of $52.28 billion, a PE ratio of 12.5046 and a beta of 1.84. MetLife Inc. has a 52-week low of $35.00 and a 52-week high of $52.45. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $43.99 and its 200 day moving average is $43.16.
MetLife (NYSE:MET) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, August 3rd. The company reported $0.83 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $1.35 by $0.52. MetLife had a return on equity of 6.18% and a net margin of 6.49%. The business had revenue of $17 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $17.35 billion. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $1.56 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 2.3% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts forecast that MetLife Inc. will post $4.64 earnings per share for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/12/metlife-met-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes.html
In other news, EVP Maria R. Morris sold 2,000 shares of MetLife stock in a transaction on Tuesday, August 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $42.96, for a total transaction of $85,920.00. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 109,273 shares in the company, valued at $4,694,368.08. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, EVP Maria R. Morris sold 8,800 shares of MetLife stock in a transaction on Tuesday, October 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $45.00, for a total value of $396,000.00. Following the sale, the executive vice president now owns 116,409 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $5,238,405. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 0.27% of the company’s stock.
MetLife, Inc (MetLife) is a provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. The Company’s segments include Retail; Group, Voluntary & Worksite Benefits; Corporate Benefit Funding; Latin America (collectively, the Americas); Asia, and Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Receive News & Ratings for MetLife Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MetLife Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.