Recent Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Discovery Communications (DISCA)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA):
- 10/4/2016 – Discovery Communications was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Discovery Communications’ bottom-line continues to be adversely impacted by adverse foreign currency movements which also has a negative impact on its international segment revenues. Additionally, concerns related to advertising revenues remain as these largely depend on viewer ratings. In fact, advertising revenues declined in the second quarter. The company’s top line is also threatened by lack of business diversification and customer concentration in U.S. Loss of the company’s key distributors stands to have a significant negative impact on the company. Although, we are positive on Discovery's decision to renew its distribution partnership with AT&T, it remains to be seen if the company can overcome challenges and grow its top-line.”
- 10/3/2016 – Discovery Communications had its price target lowered by analysts at Nomura from $31.00 to $30.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/29/2016 – Discovery Communications was downgraded by analysts at Barrington Research from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 9/27/2016 – Discovery Communications was downgraded by analysts at Moffett Nathanson from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $21.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $31.00.
- 9/12/2016 – Discovery Communications had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 9/3/2016 – Discovery Communications had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – Discovery Communications had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 8/15/2016 – Discovery Communications had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock.
Discovery Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:DISCA) traded down 0.04% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $26.39. 677,536 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $25.86 and a 200-day moving average of $26.58. The firm has a market cap of $11.03 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 14.35 and a beta of 1.59. Discovery Communications Inc. has a 12 month low of $23.66 and a 12 month high of $31.80.
Discovery Communications (NASDAQ:DISCA) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 2nd. The company reported $0.56 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.54 by $0.02. Discovery Communications had a net margin of 18.06% and a return on equity of 23.45%. The company had revenue of $1.71 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.71 billion. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.49 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 3.3% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts anticipate that Discovery Communications Inc. will post $1.97 earnings per share for the current year.
Discovery Communications, Inc, (Discovery) is a global media company. The Company provides content across multiple distribution platforms, including pay-television (pay-TV), free-to-air and broadcast television, Websites, digital distribution arrangements and content licensing agreements. Its segments are U.S.
Receive News & Ratings for Discovery Communications Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Discovery Communications Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.