Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Williams Cos. (WMB)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Williams Cos. (NYSE: WMB) in the last few weeks:
- 10/5/2016 – Williams Cos. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $36.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $31.00.
- 9/29/2016 – Williams Cos. is now covered by analysts at Stephens. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Williams Cos. is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They set an “outperform” rating and a $39.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Williams Cos. is now covered by analysts at RBC Capital Markets. They set an “outperform” rating and a $39.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Williams Cos. was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Of late, Williams Companies has been hit hard by the termination of the Energy Transfer merger deal and the following bitter court battle. In particular, it was a big blow for the shareholders. Another pipeline operator – Enterprise Products Partners – also recently withdrew its takeover bid for WMB. Further, we remain concerned about Williams Companies’ high debt levels and the recent dividend cut. As it is, the North American energy infrastructure major – whose assets include systems that touch around 30% of the U.S. gas volumes – has seen its earnings and cash flows take a beating with natural gas prices sliding to a 17-year low earlier this year. Consequently, In the wake of weak industry sentiment and apprehensions of more punishing times ahead with future cash flows drying up, we advice investors to sell WMB.”
- 8/22/2016 – Williams Cos. had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $31.00 to $37.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Williams Cos. (NYSE:WMB) traded down 1.75% during trading on Wednesday, hitting $29.77. 4,366,247 shares of the stock were exchanged. The firm’s market capitalization is $22.35 billion. Williams Cos. has a 52 week low of $10.22 and a 52 week high of $42.61. The firm has a 50 day moving average price of $29.75 and a 200 day moving average price of $23.45.
Williams Cos. (NYSE:WMB) last posted its earnings results on Monday, August 1st. The company reported $0.19 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.22 by $0.03. Williams Cos. had a positive return on equity of 2.14% and a negative net margin of 16.82%. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.15 EPS. Analysts forecast that Williams Cos. will post $0.64 EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/12/research-analysts-recent-ratings-updates-for-williams-cos-wmb.html
The business also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, September 26th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 9th were paid a dividend of $0.20 per share. This represents a $0.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.64%. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, September 7th. Williams Cos.’s dividend payout ratio is presently -49.38%.
In other Williams Cos. news, VP Ted T. Timmermans sold 2,000 shares of Williams Cos. stock in a transaction dated Friday, August 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $26.23, for a total value of $52,460.00. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 13,803 shares in the company, valued at approximately $362,052.69. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Insiders own 8.87% of the company’s stock.
The Williams Companies, Inc is an energy infrastructure company focused on connecting North America’s hydrocarbon resource plays to markets for natural gas, natural gas liquids and olefins. The Company’s segments include Williams Partners, Williams NGL & Petchem Services, and Other. Its Williams Partners segment consists of its consolidated partnership in Williams Partners L.P., including gas pipeline, which consists of interstate natural gas pipelines and pipeline joint project investments, and midstream business, which provides natural gas gathering, treating, processing and compression services.
Receive News & Ratings for Williams Cos Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Williams Cos and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.