Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Great Plains Energy (GXP)
Great Plains Energy (NYSE: GXP) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/11/2016 – Great Plains Energy was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Great Plains Energy Incorporated engages in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity to customers located in all or portions of numerous counties in western Missouri and eastern Kansas. Customers include residences, commercial firms, and industrials, municipalities and other electric utilities. “
- 10/3/2016 – Great Plains Energy was upgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp. from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Great Plains Energy was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 9/30/2016 – Great Plains Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $36.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/29/2016 – Great Plains Energy was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “underweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $29.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $31.00.
- 9/26/2016 – Great Plains Energy had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc. from $29.00 to $30.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – Great Plains Energy had its price target lowered by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc. from $30.00 to $29.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Great Plains Energy Inc. (NYSE:GXP) traded up 0.75% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $26.94. 2,150,133 shares of the company were exchanged. The stock has a market capitalization of $4.16 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 20.15 and a beta of 0.45. The company’s 50 day moving average price is $27.25 and its 200-day moving average price is $29.59. Great Plains Energy Inc. has a 12-month low of $25.44 and a 12-month high of $32.74.
Great Plains Energy (NYSE:GXP) last released its earnings results on Thursday, August 4th. The company reported $0.55 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.39 by $0.16. Great Plains Energy had a net margin of 8.03% and a return on equity of 7.16%. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.28 earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts forecast that Great Plains Energy Inc. will post $1.73 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/12/weekly-analysts-ratings-updates-for-great-plains-energy-gxp.html
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Tuesday, September 20th. Investors of record on Monday, August 29th were given a $0.2625 dividend. This represents a $1.05 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.93%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, August 25th. Great Plains Energy’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 78.36%.
Great Plains Energy Incorporated is a public utility holding company. The Company operates through electric utility segment. The Company does not own or operate any assets other than the stock of its subsidiaries. The Company’s subsidiaries with operations include Kansas City Power & Light Company (KCP&L) and KCP&L Greater Missouri Operations Company (GMO).
Receive News & Ratings for Great Plains Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Great Plains Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.