Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Whiting Petroleum Corp. (WLL)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: WLL) in the last few weeks:
- 10/10/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. was given a new $20.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/5/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. is now covered by analysts at Mizuho. They set a “neutral” rating and a $9.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Nomura. They now have a $11.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $9.80 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. is now covered by analysts at FBR & Co. They set a “market perform” rating and a $8.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. had its “marketperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at FBR & Co.
- 8/14/2016 – Whiting Petroleum Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald.
Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:WLL) traded down 1.588% during trading on Wednesday, hitting $8.985. 9,413,312 shares of the stock traded hands. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $7.87 and a 200 day moving average price of $9.35. Whiting Petroleum Corp. has a 52-week low of $3.35 and a 52-week high of $20.66. The company’s market cap is $2.47 billion.
Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:WLL) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, July 27th. The oil and gas exploration company reported ($0.70) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.52) by $0.18. The business earned $339.58 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $374.83 million. Whiting Petroleum Corp. had a negative return on equity of 9.62% and a negative net margin of 155.88%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was down 42.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.04 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts expect that Whiting Petroleum Corp. will post ($2.04) EPS for the current year.
Whiting Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas company. The Company is engaged in development, production, acquisition and exploration activities primarily in the Rocky Mountains and Permian Basin regions of the United States. The Company operates in the segment of exploration and production of crude oil, natural gas liquid (NGLs) and natural gas.
Receive News & Ratings for Whiting Petroleum Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Whiting Petroleum Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.