Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for AT&T (T)
AT&T (NYSE: T) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/12/2016 – AT&T had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Nomura. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/11/2016 – AT&T had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/6/2016 – AT&T had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co..
- 10/4/2016 – AT&T was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $41.50 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – AT&T was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “AT&T operates in a saturated wireless market where spectrum crunch is a big issue. Moreover, loss in access lines, stringent regulatory measures and union issues are major headwinds. Additionally, persistent losses in its wireline division is a worry. The company has also been facing intense competition from peers, compelling it to lower the price of its services. This will dent AT&T's margins going ahead. Additionally, the entry of cable MSOs like Comcast and Charter Communications will intensify competition. Meanwhile, AT&T has been dormant in the mobile advertising space and active on the IoT and 5G front.”
- 9/26/2016 – AT&T was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $42.92 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – AT&T was upgraded by analysts at HSBC from a “reduce” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – AT&T had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – AT&T had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – AT&T had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Pacific Crest.
- 9/7/2016 – AT&T was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $44.06 price target on the stock.
- 8/16/2016 – AT&T was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $41.06 price target on the stock.
Shares of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) traded up 0.59% on Wednesday, hitting $39.33. 17,179,729 shares of the stock were exchanged. The company has a 50 day moving average of $40.47 and a 200 day moving average of $40.52. AT&T Inc. has a 52-week low of $32.22 and a 52-week high of $43.89. The company has a market cap of $241.96 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 16.96 and a beta of 0.30.
AT&T (NYSE:T) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 21st. The company reported $0.72 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.72. AT&T had a return on equity of 13.93% and a net margin of 8.76%. The firm had revenue of $40.50 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $40.75 billion. Equities research analysts forecast that AT&T Inc. will post $2.86 earnings per share for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/12/weekly-research-analysts-ratings-updates-for-att-t.html
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, November 1st. Investors of record on Monday, October 10th will be given a $0.48 dividend. This represents a $1.92 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.88%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, October 5th. AT&T’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 83.12%.
In related news, CEO John T. Stankey sold 2,131 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, July 22nd. The shares were sold at an average price of $43.38, for a total value of $92,442.78. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now directly owns 13,583 shares in the company, valued at $589,230.54. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through the SEC website. 0.07% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
AT&T Inc is a holding company. The Company offers communications and digital entertainment services in the United States and the world. It operates through four segments: Business Solutions, Entertainment Group, Consumer Mobility and International. The Business Solutions segment includes various categories, including wireless service, fixed strategic services, legacy voice and data services, other services and wireless equipment.
Receive News & Ratings for AT&T Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AT&T Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.