Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Rockwell Automation (ROK)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK):
- 10/10/2016 – Rockwell Automation had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $118.00 to $122.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/7/2016 – Rockwell Automation is now covered by analysts at HSBC. They set a “hold” rating and a $108.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/4/2016 – Rockwell Automation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Rockwell Automation revised its fiscal 2016 adjusted EPS guidance to $5.80–$6.00 and expects revenue to dip 7% for the full year, which includes a currency headwind of about 3% and an organic sales decline of 4%. The company lowered its sales outlook due to weaker-than-expected orders and sales performance in its solutions and services businesses in the third quarter. The acquisition of MAVERICK Technologies will enhance its domain knowledge. However, continued weakness in the mining industry and lack of major projects will continue to affect Rockwell Automation’s results in the coming quarters. Moreover, unfavorable currency translation, project delays, choppy oil prices and stiff competition remain headwinds.”
- 10/3/2016 – Rockwell Automation is now covered by analysts at Berenberg Bank. They set a “sell” rating and a $110.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/30/2016 – Rockwell Automation was upgraded by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein from an “underperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $121.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $105.00.
- 9/28/2016 – Rockwell Automation was given a new $109.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
Shares of Rockwell Automation Inc. (NYSE:ROK) traded down 0.89% during midday trading on Thursday, reaching $115.23. 257,806 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. Rockwell Automation Inc. has a 52-week low of $87.53 and a 52-week high of $123.48. The stock has a market cap of $14.91 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 20.50 and a beta of 1.15. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $116.90 and a 200-day moving average of $115.85.
Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 27th. The company reported $1.55 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $1.46 by $0.09. The company earned $1.47 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.49 billion. Rockwell Automation had a net margin of 12.54% and a return on equity of 35.83%. The business’s quarterly revenue was down 6.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business earned $1.59 EPS. On average, equities research analysts expect that Rockwell Automation Inc. will post $5.90 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/13/analysts-recent-ratings-changes-for-rockwell-automation-rok.html
In related news, VP Steven W. Etzel sold 1,800 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, September 30th. The shares were sold at an average price of $121.54, for a total value of $218,772.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the vice president now directly owns 8,286 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,007,080.44. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this link. Also, Director William T. Jr/Wi Mccormick sold 686 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, August 5th. The shares were sold at an average price of $117.03, for a total transaction of $80,282.58. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 10,951 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,281,595.53. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 1.54% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Rockwell Automation, Inc (Rockwell Automation) is a provider of industrial automation power, control and information solutions for manufacturers. The Company operates through two segments: Architecture & Software and Control Products & Solutions. The Architecture & Software segment contains various hardware, software and communication components of the Company’s integrated control and information architecture capable of controlling the customer’s industrial processes and connecting with their manufacturing enterprise.
Receive News & Ratings for Rockwell Automation Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Rockwell Automation Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.