Cabelas (CAB) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Cabelas (NYSE: CAB):
- 10/10/2016 – Cabelas was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $60.73 price target on the stock.
- 10/5/2016 – Cabelas had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.. They now have a $77.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/4/2016 – Cabelas was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $50.00.
- 10/4/2016 – Cabelas was downgraded by analysts at MKM Partners from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 10/4/2016 – Cabelas had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at DA Davidson. They now have a $65.50 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Cabelas was downgraded by analysts at Feltl & Co. from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/3/2016 – Cabelas was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. from a “neutral” rating to a “not rated” rating. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/27/2016 – Cabelas was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “After delivering back to back earnings beat, Cabela’s succumbed to a negative earnings surprise in the quarter, with the merchandise gross margin contracting year over year – partly accountable to softness in the apparel category. Additionally, stiff competition and cannibalization remain threats, as these may dent results. Nevertheless, the company has undertaken several cost-saving initiatives to improve operational performance. The cost-saving endeavors include an improvement in IT process, optimum utilization of retail labor, indirect procurement, merchandise sourcing along with retail support functions and supply chain efficiencies. Moreover, management reiterated its guidance for 2016. It envisions 2016 earnings per share to grow in the range of high-single-digits or low-double-digits in comparison with adjusted earnings per share of $2.88 in 2015.”
Shares of Cabelas Inc (NYSE:CAB) opened at 61.13 on Thursday. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $52.94 and a 200 day moving average of $51.10. The firm has a market cap of $4.19 billion, a P/E ratio of 23.18 and a beta of 0.96. Cabelas Inc has a 52 week low of $33.03 and a 52 week high of $63.60.
Cabelas (NYSE:CAB) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.59 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.62 by $0.03. Cabelas had a return on equity of 11.16% and a net margin of 4.44%. The company had revenue of $929.90 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $905.42 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.56 EPS. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 11.2% on a year-over-year basis. Equities analysts forecast that Cabelas Inc will post $3.17 earnings per share for the current year.
Cabela’s Incorporated is a specialty retailer and a direct marketer of hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor merchandise. The Company offers national and regional brand products, including its Cabela’s brand. The Company’s segments include Retail, Direct, Financial Services, and Corporate Overhead and Other.
Receive News & Ratings for Cabelas Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cabelas Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.