Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for International Paper (IP)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of International Paper (NYSE: IP) recently:
- 10/11/2016 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $51.66 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “International Paper is undergoing restructuring initiatives to transform itself into a core packaging firm. The acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business will strengthen International Paper’s position in the global fluff pulp market and augment its operating cash flow. In addition, the company expects the transaction to generate annual synergies of approximately $175 million by 2018 along with a higher flexibility to manage a wide portfolio of products through superior R&D capabilities and priceless patent portfolio. In North America, the company also envisions a large opportunity within its industrial packaging businesses. International Paper has a positive earnings surprise history, having beaten estimates in each of the trailing four quarters. Earnings estimates have remained steady over the last week. However, huge pension obligations and volatility in raw material prices could reduce its profitability.”
- 9/23/2016 – International Paper was given a new $50.00 price target on by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – International Paper is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.. They set a “neutral” rating and a $49.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.66 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from $45.00 to $53.00. They now have an “underperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/31/2016 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $49.00 to $53.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/31/2016 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2016 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
Shares of International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP) opened at 46.39 on Thursday. The firm has a market capitalization of $19.08 billion, a PE ratio of 25.13 and a beta of 1.55. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $47.98 and a 200-day moving average of $44.32. International Paper Co. has a 1-year low of $32.50 and a 1-year high of $49.90.
International Paper (NYSE:IP) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.92 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.84 by $0.08. The company earned $5.30 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.32 billion. International Paper had a return on equity of 35.41% and a net margin of 3.58%. International Paper’s revenue was down 6.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.97 EPS. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that International Paper Co. will post $3.49 EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/13/investment-analysts-weekly-ratings-updates-for-international-paper-ip.html
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, December 15th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, November 15th will be paid a $0.4625 dividend. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, November 10th. This is a boost from International Paper’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.44. This represents a $1.85 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.99%. International Paper’s dividend payout ratio is 94.12%.
In other news, CFO Carol L. Roberts sold 12,256 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, August 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $46.20, for a total value of $566,227.20. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, insider Thomas G. Kadien sold 10,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, September 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $47.86, for a total value of $478,600.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.64% of the stock is owned by insiders.
International Paper Company (International Paper) is a paper and packaging company with primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The Company operates in three segments: Industrial Packaging, Printing Papers and Consumer Packaging.
Receive News & Ratings for International Paper Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for International Paper Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.