J.M. Smucker (SJM) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
J.M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/12/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its price target lowered by analysts at Jefferies Group from $143.00 to $135.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/4/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its “focus list” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 9/27/2016 – J.M. Smucker was downgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $158.00.
- 9/22/2016 – J.M. Smucker was upgraded by analysts at Hilliard Lyons from an “underperform” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 9/6/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna. They now have a $139.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/25/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc..
- 8/24/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $142.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/24/2016 – J.M. Smucker had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $158.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/18/2016 – J.M. Smucker was given a new $165.00 price target on by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of J.M. Smucker Co. (NYSE:SJM) opened at 132.59 on Thursday. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $137.09 and a 200 day moving average price of $139.23. J.M. Smucker Co. has a 1-year low of $111.01 and a 1-year high of $157.31. The company has a market cap of $15.44 billion, a PE ratio of 21.80 and a beta of 0.53.
J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 23rd. The company reported $1.86 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.74 by $0.12. J.M. Smucker had a return on equity of 11.76% and a net margin of 9.41%. The company had revenue of $1.82 billion for the quarter. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $1.32 earnings per share. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 7.0% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts anticipate that J.M. Smucker Co. will post $7.68 earnings per share for the current year.
The J. M. Smucker Company is a manufacturer and marketer of branded food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America. The Company’s segments include U.S. Retail Coffee, U.S. Retail Consumer Foods, U.S. Retail Pet Foods, and International and Foodservice. The Company’s U.S. retail market segments consist of the sale of branded food products to consumers through retail outlets in North America.
Receive News & Ratings for JM Smucker Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for JM Smucker Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.