Jack in the Box (JACK) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Jack in the Box (NASDAQ: JACK) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/8/2016 – Jack in the Box had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/4/2016 – Jack in the Box was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $107.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Jack in the Box’s Qdoba brand has been driving growth at the company over the past few quarters. However, of late, the company has been experiencing moderated comps growth at its namesake Jack in the Box restaurants due to increased competitive pressure. Even so, the company’s enhanced focus on franchising and rewarding its shareholders through share repurchases and dividends bode well. Also, various sales initiatives like regular menu innovation, increased marketing efforts, remodeling along with offering catering options should drive top-line growth. Meanwhile, the company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in the recent quarters. However, increased marketing initiatives might keep profits under pressure. The company’s fiscal Q4 comps guidance also raises concerns. Estimates too have been going down ahead of its Q4 earnings release.”
- 9/27/2016 – Jack in the Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp.. They now have a $108.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Jack in the Box had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $105.00.
- 9/25/2016 – Jack in the Box had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – Jack in the Box had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird.
Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK) opened at 95.81 on Thursday. The company has a market cap of $3.13 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 29.14 and a beta of 0.41. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $97.94 and a 200-day moving average price of $85.11. Jack in the Box Inc. has a 1-year low of $61.78 and a 1-year high of $102.68.
Jack in the Box (NASDAQ:JACK) last released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August 3rd. The company reported $1.07 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.87 by $0.20. Jack in the Box had a negative return on equity of 120.29% and a net margin of 7.41%. The firm had revenue of $368.94 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $367.52 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.76 earnings per share. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 2.6% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts forecast that Jack in the Box Inc. will post $3.73 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/13/jack-in-the-box-jack-research-analysts-recent-ratings-updates.html
In related news, VP Carol A. Diraimo sold 2,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, September 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $100.00, for a total value of $200,000.00. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 16,059 shares in the company, valued at approximately $1,605,900. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Also, insider Keith M. Guilbault sold 1,925 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $96.59, for a total value of $185,935.75. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 16,521 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,595,763.39. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 2.00% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Jack in the Box Inc is a restaurant company. The Company operates and franchises approximately 2,910 Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants (QSR) and Qdoba Mexican Eats fast-casual restaurants (Qdoba). Its segments are Jack in the Box and Qdoba Restaurant operations. It operates and franchises approximately 2,250 Jack in the Box restaurants, primarily in the western and southern United States, including one in Guam, over 660 Qdoba restaurants across the United States, and approximately four in Canada.
Receive News & Ratings for Jack in the Box Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Jack in the Box Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.