Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Education Realty Trust (EDR)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Education Realty Trust (NYSE: EDR):
- 10/10/2016 – Education Realty Trust was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Education Realty Trust owns, manages, and develops student housing communities located near university campuses throughout the United States. EDR will elect to be taxed as a real estate investment trust. EDR also manages student housing communities for college and university systems across the country. “
- 10/4/2016 – Education Realty Trust was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Education Realty Trust had its price target lowered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $54.00 to $51.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – Education Realty Trust is now covered by analysts at Capital One Financial Corp.. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $54.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/20/2016 – Education Realty Trust was upgraded by analysts at Robert W. Baird from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $42.97. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/11/2016 – Education Realty Trust was given a new $54.00 price target on by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – Education Realty Trust is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They set a “neutral” rating and a $46.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2016 – Education Realty Trust was given a new $52.00 price target on by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Education Realty Trust Inc. (NYSE:EDR) opened at 40.91 on Thursday. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $43.50 and its 200 day moving average is $43.60. The company has a market cap of $2.99 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 53.90 and a beta of 0.48. Education Realty Trust Inc. has a 52-week low of $32.90 and a 52-week high of $48.87.
Education Realty Trust (NYSE:EDR) last released its quarterly earnings results on Monday, August 1st. The real estate investment trust reported $0.39 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.39. Education Realty Trust had a return on equity of 3.22% and a net margin of 16.30%. The business earned $65.14 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $61.88 million. During the same period in the previous year, the business posted $0.41 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 13.6% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts forecast that Education Realty Trust Inc. will post $1.77 earnings per share for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/13/research-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes-for-education-realty-trust-edr.html
In related news, Director Monte J. Barrow sold 5,000 shares of Education Realty Trust stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, August 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $46.00, for a total value of $230,000.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 10,162 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $467,452. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. 0.50% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Education Realty Trust, Inc (EdR) is a self-managed and self-advised real estate investment trust (REIT). The Trust is engaged in developing, acquiring, owning and managing collegiate housing communities located near university campuses. The Trust operates through three segments: collegiate housing leasing, development consulting services and management services.
Receive News & Ratings for Education Realty Trust Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Education Realty Trust Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.