SVB Financial Group (SIVB) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB):
- 10/12/2016 – SVB Financial Group had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods.
- 10/11/2016 – SVB Financial Group had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $117.00 to $127.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/7/2016 – SVB Financial Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $132.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Estimates have been rising ahead of SVB Financial’s third-quarter 2016 earnings release. Further, the company has a positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. Moreover, it remains well positioned to capitalize on future opportunities on the back of its sturdy capital position and continuous favorable change in deposit mix. In addition, consistent growth in loans and deposits as well as focus on improving non-interest income will likely accelerate top-line growth. Also, the company has been continuously lowering its long-term debt, which in turn will lead to lower interest expenses and an improved bottom line. However, margin compression, domestic concentration, stricter regulatory environment and higher capital requirements would considerably affect the lending as well as the investment ability of the company.”
- 9/28/2016 – SVB Financial Group was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to a “top pick” rating. They now have a $150.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $139.00. They wrote, “well about average.”There is potential for Signature’s provision and expenses to “favorably surprise.”Related Link: John Stumpf’s Decision To Forgo $41 Million In Pay Is A “Good First Effort”Keating said he sees Signature’s loan growth at 15 percent in 2017 and 13 percent in 2018, while Barclay’s median forecast growth is 8 percent and 7 percent respectively. “We look for SBNY’s asset and deposit growth to similarly outperform peers,”
- 9/16/2016 – SVB Financial Group is now covered by analysts at JMP Securities. They set an “outperform” rating and a $130.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ:SIVB) traded down 4.41% during mid-day trading on Thursday, reaching $112.86. 170,597 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock has a market capitalization of $5.87 billion, a PE ratio of 17.23 and a beta of 1.63. The company’s 50 day moving average is $109.93 and its 200 day moving average is $103.93. SVB Financial Group has a 1-year low of $77.87 and a 1-year high of $141.75.
SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ:SIVB) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, July 21st. The company reported $1.78 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.70 by $0.08. SVB Financial Group had a net margin of 22.00% and a return on equity of 9.90%. Equities research analysts anticipate that SVB Financial Group will post $6.81 EPS for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/13/svb-financial-group-sivb-analysts-weekly-ratings-updates.html
In other news, Director Eric Benhamou sold 2,000 shares of SVB Financial Group stock in a transaction on Thursday, August 25th. The shares were sold at an average price of $106.38, for a total value of $212,760.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 11,897 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,265,602.86. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, CFO Michael Descheneaux sold 8,378 shares of SVB Financial Group stock in a transaction on Tuesday, July 26th. The shares were sold at an average price of $103.21, for a total transaction of $864,693.38. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief financial officer now directly owns 15,079 shares in the company, valued at $1,556,303.59. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.78% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
SVB Financial Group (SVB Financial) is a diversified financial services, bank holding and financial holding company. The Company operates through three segments: Global Commercial Bank, SVB Private Bank and SVB Capital. The Global Commercial Bank segment consists of the operations of its Commercial Bank, and of SVB Wine, SVB Analytics and its Debt Fund Investments.
Receive News & Ratings for SVB Financial Group Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for SVB Financial Group and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.