Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG):
- 10/11/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $56.00 to $57.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/4/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Escalating expenses and the resultant adverse impact on margins, weak commercial P&C rates pose concerns for Arthur J. Gallagher. Also, the company has been witnessing downward estimate revisions for both 2016 and 2017, over the last 60 days. Nonetheless, the company remains focused on tapping opportunities in the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the U.S. Contribution from international operations is expected to increase. The inorganic story seems impressive with continued strategic acquisitions, mainly within the brokerage segment. Riding on its operational strength, the company expects to deliver 15% earnings growth in 2016. A solid performance is leading to sufficient cash flows which will help it deploy capital in shareholder-friendly moves. Notably, the company has witnessed positive organic growth for 20 straight quarters.”
- 10/2/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $52.00 to $56.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/27/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co..
- 9/26/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $52.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE:AJG) opened at 50.07 on Friday. The company has a market cap of $8.86 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 22.70 and a beta of 1.17. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. has a 12-month low of $35.96 and a 12-month high of $51.24. The company’s 50 day moving average is $50.11 and its 200 day moving average is $47.93.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE:AJG) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.97 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.96 by $0.01. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had a net margin of 7.11% and a return on equity of 12.89%. The business had revenue of $1.43 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.44 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $0.93 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 4.1% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts forecast that Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. will post $2.77 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/14/recent-analysts-ratings-updates-for-arthur-j-gallagher-co-ajg.html
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 16th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 2nd were issued a dividend of $0.38 per share. This represents a $1.52 annualized dividend and a yield of 3.04%. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, August 31st. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.’s dividend payout ratio is currently 69.09%.
In other Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. news, Director Kay W. Mccurdy sold 6,000 shares of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $49.19, for a total transaction of $295,140.00. Following the transaction, the director now owns 37,095 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,824,703.05. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, CFO Douglas K. Howell sold 9,000 shares of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, September 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $50.10, for a total transaction of $450,900.00. Following the transaction, the chief financial officer now directly owns 43,018 shares in the company, valued at approximately $2,155,201.80. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 1.70% of the company’s stock.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co is engaged in providing insurance brokerage and consulting services and third-party claims settlement and administration services to both domestic and international entities. The Company operates through three segments: brokerage, risk management and corporate. The Company provides insurance, brokerage and risk management services to a range of commercial, industrial, institutional and governmental organizations through its operating segments.
Receive News & Ratings for Arthur J Gallagher & Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Arthur J Gallagher & Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.