Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN)
Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE: MJN) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/12/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition was given a new $95.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/8/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $96.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $97.00.
- 10/4/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Mead Johnson in last reported second-quarter 2016 witnessed a tough competitive scenario in the pediatric nutrition market which continues to be a major headwind. In emerging markets, macroeconomic turmoil in Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina spoiled whatever growth the company had achieved in Mexico and Columbia. Currency translation also remained a major challenge for the company across all regions. However Mead Johnson improved its gross margin because of lower dairy input costs. The company’s Fuel for Growth project also played a major role in improving its profitability. “
- 9/27/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its price target lowered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. from $96.00 to $85.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $97.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition was given a new $100.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $106.00 to $103.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – Mead Johnson Nutrition had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna. They now have a $95.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Last week Windeln, a leading e-commerce player in German infant milk formula shipped to China (consumers buy IMF from its European website and have the product shipped to China) reported a drop in China-bound sales (bulk being IMF) of 11% in 2Q16 (after 11% growth in 1Q16, and 64% growth in 2015). New rules have generated uncertainty with consumers, with these shying away from these types of “direct imports”. We realize this in the long term could be positive for the likes of Neutral-rated MJN (as consumers buy more offline, but still seek premium imported brands), but in the near term this reflects how regulatory changes are disrupting trade in IMF in China, and in some cases forcing traders and smaller companies to clear inventories (although not the case of moms buying IMF online from Europe). Net, we remain sidelined on MJN as we think its overall business is also being affected by the uncertainty triggered by these regulatory changes. Briefbackgr ound. Windeln.de (diapers.com translated into English) is an e-commerce company listed in Germany (Munich HQ), delving mainly in baby and maternity related products, both of the “software” (diapers, milk formula) and “hardware” kind (strollers, baby chairs). The company is growing both organically and through acquisitions (to other parts of Europe).””
Shares of Mead Johnson Nutrition Co. (NYSE:MJN) traded up 0.57% during midday trading on Friday, reaching $81.11. The company had a trading volume of 947,146 shares. Mead Johnson Nutrition Co. has a 12-month low of $65.53 and a 12-month high of $94.40. The firm has a market capitalization of $14.98 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 30.52 and a beta of 1.26. The company has a 50 day moving average of $79.84 and a 200 day moving average of $84.63.
Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE:MJN) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.88 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.78 by $0.10. The company had revenue of $941.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $967.25 million. Mead Johnson Nutrition had a negative return on equity of 194.30% and a net margin of 13.28%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 8.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $0.76 earnings per share. Analysts anticipate that Mead Johnson Nutrition Co. will post $3.48 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/14/research-analysts-weekly-ratings-updates-for-mead-johnson-nutrition-mjn.html
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, October 3rd. Investors of record on Monday, September 19th were paid a $0.4125 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, September 15th. This represents a $1.65 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.05%. Mead Johnson Nutrition’s payout ratio is 62.03%.
In other news, Director Kimberly A. Casiano sold 710 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, August 15th. The stock was sold at an average price of $89.75, for a total value of $63,722.50. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 7,110 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $638,122.50. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, SVP Graciela Monteagudo sold 45,873 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, August 5th. The stock was sold at an average price of $87.64, for a total value of $4,020,309.72. Following the completion of the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 13,800 shares in the company, valued at $1,209,432. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.50% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (Mead Johnson) is a pediatric nutrition company. The Company manufactures, distributes and sells infant formulas, children’s nutrition and other nutritional products. The Company operates through three segments: Asia, North America/Europe and Latin America. Its product portfolio includes routine and specialty infant formulas, children’s milks and milk modifiers, dietary supplements for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, pediatric vitamins, and products for pediatric metabolic disorders.
Receive News & Ratings for Mead Johnson Nutrition Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Mead Johnson Nutrition Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.