Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: VNDA) in the last few weeks:
- 10/11/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of clinical-stage product candidates for central nervous system disorders. It is developing important new medicines to improve the lives of patients. It uses new technologies, including genetics & genomics, to inform our drug discovery, our clinical trials, and our commercial positioning of our compounds. The Company has three product candidates in clinical development. It’s lead product candidate, iloperidone, is a compound for the treatment of schizophrenia & bipolar disorder & is in a Phase III clinical trial for schizophrenia. It’s second product candidate, is a compound for the treatment of insomnia & depression which is currently in a Phase III clinical trial for insomnia. It’s third product candidate, is a compound for the treatment of excessive sleepiness & is ready for a Phase II clinical trial. “
- 10/10/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals was given a new $24.00 price target on by analysts at Brean Capital. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/6/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals is now covered by analysts at Jefferies Group. They set a “buy” rating and a $23.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/1/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals was given a new $19.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Brean Capital. They now have a $24.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $20.00.
- 8/26/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals had its price target raised by analysts at JMP Securities from $18.00 to $22.00. They now have a “market outperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/18/2016 – Vanda Pharmaceuticals was given a new $16.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:VNDA) opened at 17.32 on Friday. The company’s 50-day moving average is $16.14 and its 200-day moving average is $11.81. Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. has a 12 month low of $6.91 and a 12 month high of $18.00. The stock’s market capitalization is $749.68 million.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VNDA) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, July 27th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.11) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.23) by $0.12. The firm earned $36.02 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $36.03 million. Vanda Pharmaceuticals had a negative net margin of 31.85% and a negative return on equity of 22.51%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 30.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm posted ($0.13) earnings per share. Equities research analysts expect that Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. will post ($0.61) earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/14/weekly-investment-analysts-ratings-updates-for-vanda-pharmaceuticals-vnda.html
In related news, insider James E. Flynn sold 547,886 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 19th. The shares were sold at an average price of $15.66, for a total value of $8,579,894.76. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, insider James E. Flynn sold 1,120,461 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, September 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $16.56, for a total transaction of $18,554,834.16. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 8.45% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) disorders. The Company’s product portfolio includes HETLIOZ (tasimelteon), Fanapt (iloperidone), Tradipitant (VLY-686), Trichostatin A and AQW051.
Receive News & Ratings for Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.