Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Nasdaq (NDAQ)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Nasdaq (NASDAQ: NDAQ) in the last few weeks:
- 10/13/2016 – Nasdaq had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/13/2016 – Nasdaq had its price target lowered by analysts at Barclays PLC from $79.00 to $77.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/11/2016 – Nasdaq had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/10/2016 – Nasdaq was given a new $72.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/5/2016 – Nasdaq was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Intense competition, currency fluctuations and pricing continue to weigh on Nasdaq’s performance. Also, the Zacks Consensus Estimate has been witnessing downward revisions, with the same dipping 0.5% for both 2016 and 2017, over the last 60 days. Nonetheless, Nasdaq remains focused on growth through acquisitions and organic initiatives that enable entry and cross-selling opportunities into new markets at a low-cost and highly-flexible platform. The company displays its prudence by accelerating its non-transaction revenue base, which includes technology, listing and information revenues. This has been fueling organic growth for the securities exchange. In fact, management projects consistent mid-single-digit organic growth over the next three to five years. Nasdaq is improving leverage that supports accelerated capital deployment, thereby boosting investor confidence.”
- 9/9/2016 – Nasdaq had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $76.00 to $77.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – Nasdaq was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $80.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $79.00. They wrote, “Industry U.S. cash equity average daily volume (ADV) in August was 6.1 million, down 7–8 percent,” according to Barclays, “bringing our estimate for the quarter down to 6.5 million from 6.8 million.””Market share fell 10bps to 16.6 percent, causing Barclays’ third-quarter market share estimate to slip a bit to 16.7 percent. On the European cash side, the value of shares increased by 4 percent, while August ADV fell by 3 percent, pushing our 3Q16 estimate to 405k from 440k.”Related Link: Happy National Beer Lover’s Day! How Have Your Favorite Suds Performed In 2016?On the derivatives front, U.S. equity options ADV fell 8 percent sequentially to 12.6 million. Market share trends declined to 39.1 percent from 39.7 percent. As such, Barclays’ third quarter estimate slipped to 39.5 percent from prior 40 percent.Meanwhile, European derivative ADV for August came in at 293,000 roughly 2 percent lower sequentially. “We expect ADV to improve in September given seasonal trends, but are lowering our 3Q16 forecast to 325k from 398k,”
- 9/7/2016 – Nasdaq was given a new $79.00 price target on by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Nasdaq Inc (NASDAQ:NDAQ) opened at 67.24 on Monday. Nasdaq Inc has a 12 month low of $54.62 and a 12 month high of $71.92. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $68.97 and its 200-day moving average is $66.70. The firm has a market capitalization of $11.13 billion, a PE ratio of 23.28 and a beta of 0.81.
Nasdaq (NASDAQ:NDAQ) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 27th. The company reported $0.91 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.88 by $0.03. Nasdaq had a net margin of 13.79% and a return on equity of 10.76%. The company earned $559 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $548 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $0.83 earnings per share. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 7.9% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts expect that Nasdaq Inc will post $3.71 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/17/weekly-research-analysts-ratings-changes-for-nasdaq-ndaq.html
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 30th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 16th were paid a dividend of $0.32 per share. This represents a $1.28 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.90%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Wednesday, September 14th. Nasdaq’s dividend payout ratio is presently 44.44%.
In other Nasdaq news, insider Pc Nelson Griggs sold 2,945 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $71.52, for a total transaction of $210,626.40. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. Also, CEO Robert Greifeld sold 199,480 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 18th. The shares were sold at an average price of $70.28, for a total transaction of $14,019,454.40. Following the sale, the chief executive officer now directly owns 1,064,815 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $74,835,198.20. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 2.20% of the company’s stock.
Nasdaq, Inc (Nasdaq), formerly The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc, is a holding company. The Company is a provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, regulatory, securities listing, information and public company services across approximately six continents. The Company manages, operates and provides its products and services through four segments: Market Services, Listing Services, Information Services and Technology Solutions.
Receive News & Ratings for Nasdaq Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Nasdaq Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.