Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Trinity Industries (TRN)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Trinity Industries (NYSE: TRN):
- 10/3/2016 – Trinity Industries had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a $28.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We visited TRN’s wind tower facility outside Des Moines, IA. Mgmt gave an informative overview of the competitive environment and showcased initiatives and productivity improvements that solidify TRN’s strong competitive position. We think TRN is the dominant non-captive wind tower OEM and should benefit from the recent PTC extension, improving turbine efficiency and coal plant retirements. Broadly, we think TRN’s diversification and $5.6B backlog provide solid visib. relative to other co’s. Should TRN receive a favorable outcome in ongoing litigation, we think backlog, liquidity and valuation could attract new money.””
- 9/30/2016 – Trinity Industries is now covered by analysts at Credit Agricole SA. They set an “underperform” rating and a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/30/2016 – Trinity Industries had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $20.00 to $21.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/27/2016 – Trinity Industries was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Trinity Industries, Inc. is engaged in the manufacture, marketing, and leasing of a wide variety of products consisting of the following business segments or groups: Railcar Group, Inland Barge Group, Parts and Services Group, Highway Construction Product Group, Concrete & Aggregate Group, Industrial Group, and others. Others includes transportation services, the company’s captive insurance company, and other peripheral businesses. “
- 9/19/2016 – Trinity Industries had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co.. They now have a $22.00 price target on the stock.
Trinity Industries Inc. (NYSE:TRN) opened at 22.90 on Tuesday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $23.95 and a 200 day moving average price of $20.87. The company has a market capitalization of $3.49 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 5.92 and a beta of 2.16. Trinity Industries Inc. has a 12-month low of $14.94 and a 12-month high of $30.38.
Trinity Industries (NYSE:TRN) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 21st. The company reported $0.62 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.48 by $0.14. Trinity Industries had a net margin of 10.91% and a return on equity of 14.62%. The business earned $1.18 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.18 billion. During the same period last year, the business posted $1.33 earnings per share. On average, analysts expect that Trinity Industries Inc. will post $2.20 EPS for the current year.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/18/investment-analysts-weekly-ratings-changes-for-trinity-industries-trn.html
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, October 31st. Shareholders of record on Friday, October 14th will be issued a $0.01 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, October 12th. This represents a $0.04 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.17%. Trinity Industries’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 11.37%.
Trinity Industries, Inc is a diversified industrial company that owns a range of businesses providing products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical and construction sectors. The Company’s products and services include railcars and railcar parts; parts and steel components; the leasing, management and maintenance of railcars; highway products; aggregates; inland barges; structural wind towers; steel utility structures; storage and distribution containers, and trench shields and shoring products.
Receive News & Ratings for Trinity Industries Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Trinity Industries Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.