Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Groupon (GRPN)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN):
- 10/17/2016 – Groupon was upgraded by analysts at Wedbush from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $6.50 price target on the stock, up previously from $4.50.
- 10/4/2016 – Groupon had its price target raised by analysts at Macquarie from $5.30 to $6.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/29/2016 – Groupon is now covered by analysts at Boenning Scattergood. They set a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/27/2016 – Groupon had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They now have a $5.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Groupon is now covered by analysts at Loop Capital. They set a “hold” rating and a $6.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – Groupon had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group. They now have a $4.75 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2016 – Groupon had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group. They now have a $4.75 price target on the stock.
Groupon Inc. (NASDAQ:GRPN) opened at 5.09 on Tuesday. Groupon Inc. has a 12 month low of $2.15 and a 12 month high of $5.94. The stock’s market cap is $2.92 billion. The firm’s 50 day moving average price is $5.22 and its 200 day moving average price is $4.35.
Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 27th. The coupon company reported ($0.01) earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.02) by $0.01. The business earned $756.03 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $710.94 million. Groupon had a negative net margin of 5.71% and a negative return on equity of 14.95%. The company’s revenue was up 2.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.02 earnings per share.
This story is the sole property of American Banking News and it was originally published by American Banking News. If you are reading this story on another website, that means this article was illegally copied and re-published to this website in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this article is available at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2016/10/18/research-analysts-recent-ratings-updates-for-groupon-grpn.html
In related news, Director Peter J. Barris sold 730,349 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, August 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $5.69, for a total transaction of $4,155,685.81. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 116,923 shares in the company, valued at approximately $665,291.87. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, CAO Brian Stevens sold 15,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, August 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $5.54, for a total transaction of $83,100.00. Following the transaction, the chief accounting officer now owns 147,521 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $817,266.34. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 23.86% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Groupon, Inc operates online local commerce marketplaces throughout the world that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. The Company operates through three segments: North America, which represents the United States and Canada; EMEA, which consists of Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and international operations (Rest of World).
Receive News & Ratings for Groupon Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Groupon Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.