Ventas (VTR) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Ventas (NYSE: VTR):
- 3/15/2017 – Ventas was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/15/2017 – Ventas was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Ventas underperformed the Zacks categorized REIT and Equity Trust – Other industry over the past 3 months. But, its 2017 estimates moved up over the past 7 days, indicating that there may be a reversal in the price movement. Recently, Ventas acquired a high-quality life science, research and medical campus in Providence, Rhode Island from affiliates of Blackstone Real Estate Partners VIII L.P. This acquisition not only enhances Ventas’ portfolio but also strengthens its partnerships with top research universities. Also, the company closed the secured debt financing of $700 million for Ardent Health Services’ acquisition of LHP Hospital. Ventas’ large and diversified healthcare portfolio is expected to help it benefit from an increasing healthcare spending, aging population and a rise in insured individuals. But, earnings dilutive impact of disposition, stiff competition and rise in interest rate are concerns.”
- 3/13/2017 – Ventas had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/3/2017 – Ventas was downgraded by analysts at Evercore ISI from a “hold” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 1/31/2017 – Ventas had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $58.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/31/2017 – Ventas was downgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “underperform” rating.
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR) traded up 0.03% during mid-day trading on Monday, hitting $60.53. 1,271,744 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock has a market capitalization of $21.47 billion, a P/E ratio of 32.60 and a beta of 0.08. Ventas, Inc. has a 52 week low of $56.20 and a 52 week high of $76.80. The firm has a 50 day moving average of $62.09 and a 200 day moving average of $64.12.
Ventas (NYSE:VTR) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Friday, February 10th. The real estate investment trust reported $1.03 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.02 by $0.01. The business had revenue of $875.70 million for the quarter. Ventas had a net margin of 18.85% and a return on equity of 6.42%. The business’s revenue was up 4.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.37 earnings per share. Equities analysts forecast that Ventas, Inc. will post $1.70 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This article was originally published by and is the sole property of American Banking News. If you happen to be reading this article on another website, it was stolen and illegally republished in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this story can be read at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2017/03/20/ventas-vtr-research-analysts-recent-ratings-changes.html
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, March 31st. Investors of record on Tuesday, March 7th will be given a $0.775 dividend. The ex-dividend date is Friday, March 3rd. This represents a $3.10 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 5.12%. Ventas’s dividend payout ratio is 166.67%.
Ventas, Inc is a healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT) with its properties located throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The Company operates through three segments: triple-net leased properties, senior living operations and MOB operations. In its triple-net leased properties segment, the Company acquires and owns seniors housing and healthcare properties throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
Receive News & Ratings for Ventas Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ventas Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.