Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for NeoPhotonics Corp (NPTN)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for NeoPhotonics Corp (NYSE: NPTN):
- 3/16/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/15/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp had its price target lowered by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from $17.00 to $13.00. They now have a “strong-buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We see several positive developments for UniPixel this year: Ramp of 25 design wins this year representing at least $21 million in revenues 12 programs now ramping into volume production, including shipments to Quanta, Toshiba, Dell, HP and NEC UniPixel recently shipped >500,000 sensors for the Verizon Ellipis 8 HD tablet program Evaluation programs underway at Lenovo, Huawei and Acer Expect positive direct margins by 2Q17 Recently announced upside sales for 4Q16 of $1.4 million Improving manufacturing yields with goal of 75% by end of 2017 UniPixel’s XTouch TM sensor and Diamond Guard coating offer low resistivity, more narrow borders, and thinner cover glass providing unique advantages for applications in devices using a stylus and in future foldable and flexible devices which address the following emerging markets: Table 1: Emerging Market Opportunities for UniPixel Primary Application Years Primary Drivers Incremental Sensor Tam Active Stylus 2016-19 Capacitive active stylus market seen growing from 100 million units in 2015 to 300 million units by 2018 $1 B Diamond Touch- Passive Stylus for Laptops 2017-19 Laptop touch penetration rate has jumped from 17% to 30% $225 M Flexible Displays for Phablets 2018-19 Plastic and flexible display market seen growing from $2B market this year to $18B by 2020 $1 B Automotive-In cabin displays 2019 Automotive touch screen panel units to grow from 20 million in 2016 to 66 million by 2020 $300 M Source: UniPixel Investor Presentation-3/13/17.””
- 3/15/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp had its price target lowered by analysts at Cowen and Company from $16.00 to $13.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 3/11/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/21/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “NeoPhotonics Corporation is engaged in the design and manufacture of photonic integrated circuit, or PIC, based modules and subsystems for bandwidth-intensive, high-speed communications networks. Products offered by the Company includes high-speed products that enable data transmission at 10Gbps, 40Gbps and 100Gbps, agility products such as ROADMs that dynamically allocate bandwidth to adjust for volatile traffic patterns, and access products that provide high-bandwidth connections to more devices and people over fixed and wireless networks. “
- 1/30/2017 – NeoPhotonics Corp is now covered by analysts at Cowen and Company. They set an “outperform” rating and a $16.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of NeoPhotonics Corp (NYSE:NPTN) opened at 8.96 on Tuesday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $10.57 and a 200 day moving average price of $12.89. The company’s market capitalization is $380.09 million. NeoPhotonics Corp has a 52-week low of $6.90 and a 52-week high of $18.51.
NeoPhotonics Corp (NYSE:NPTN) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, March 14th. The company reported $0.13 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.08 by $0.05. NeoPhotonics Corp had a positive return on equity of 4.18% and a negative net margin of 0.46%. The business had revenue of $109.84 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $106.96 million. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.16 EPS. NeoPhotonics Corp’s revenue for the quarter was up 23.2% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts predict that NeoPhotonics Corp will post ($0.05) earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
This article was originally published by and is the sole property of American Banking News. If you happen to be reading this article on another website, it was stolen and illegally republished in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this story can be read at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2017/03/21/research-analysts-weekly-ratings-updates-for-neophotonics-corp-nptn.html
NeoPhotonics Corporation develops, manufactures and markets optoelectronic products that transmit, receive and switch digital optical signals for communications networks. The Company develops and manufactures Transmitter Products, Receiver Products and Switch Products that are used in ultra-high speed digital optical communications, high speed switching and provisioning, and access connections for wireless and fiber-to-the-home communications networks.
Receive News & Ratings for NeoPhotonics Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for NeoPhotonics Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.