Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Kosmos Energy (KOS)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Kosmos Energy (NYSE: KOS) recently:
- 3/15/2017 – Kosmos Energy was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Kosmos Energy Ltd. operates as an oil and gas exploration and production company focused on under-explored regions in Africa. Kosmos Energy Ltd. is based in Hamilton, Bermuda. “
- 3/9/2017 – Kosmos Energy had its price target lowered by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $10.00 to $9.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 3/9/2017 – Kosmos Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $9.00.
- 3/8/2017 – Kosmos Energy was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Kosmos Energy Ltd. operates as an oil and gas exploration and production company focused on under-explored regions in Africa. Kosmos Energy Ltd. is based in Hamilton, Bermuda. “
- 1/30/2017 – Kosmos Energy had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Capital One Financial Corp..
Kosmos Energy Ltd (NYSE:KOS) opened at 5.99 on Tuesday. Kosmos Energy Ltd has a 12 month low of $4.39 and a 12 month high of $7.39. The firm’s market capitalization is $2.31 billion. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $6.13 and its 200 day moving average price is $5.99.
Kosmos Energy (NYSE:KOS) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Monday, February 27th. The company reported ($0.01) EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.03) by $0.02. The business earned $210.90 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $192.08 million. Kosmos Energy had a negative net margin of 68.54% and a negative return on equity of 6.30%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 73.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.06 earnings per share. On average, analysts forecast that Kosmos Energy Ltd will post ($0.29) earnings per share for the current year.
This article was originally published by and is the sole property of American Banking News. If you happen to be reading this article on another website, it was stolen and illegally republished in violation of U.S. and International copyright law. The original version of this story can be read at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2017/03/21/weekly-analysts-ratings-changes-for-kosmos-energy-kos.html
In related news, Director Pincus & Co. Warburg sold 48,902,874 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, January 18th. The shares were sold at an average price of $6.65, for a total value of $325,204,112.10. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. Also, SVP Jason Doughty purchased 8,347 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, March 3rd. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $6.00 per share, with a total value of $50,082.00. Following the transaction, the senior vice president now directly owns 400,354 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,402,124. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. 3.74% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (Kosmos) is a holding company. The Company is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company focused on frontier and emerging areas along the Atlantic Margin. The Company operates in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas segment. The Company’s assets include existing production and development projects offshore Ghana, large discoveries offshore Mauritania and Senegal, as well as exploration licenses with hydrocarbon potential offshore Portugal, Sao Tome and Principe, Suriname, Morocco and Western Sahara.
Receive News & Ratings for Kosmos Energy Ltd Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Kosmos Energy Ltd and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.